Igi 4636 j50

I think you will be quite pleased with the IGI 6006. Makes for a nice, creamy container candle, and it has good HT. In my experience, it will need a longer cure than a paraffin because of the soy content.

Good luck!

This is such an interesting thread. I am also in the UK and I ordered a small amount of 6006 from Peaks to try it out. It is coming anyday now and I hope it is a nice wax to start with. I ordered a few different sample packs of wicks as well as small tumblers to try out.

I hope you manage to find the wax you need. I think if the 6006 works well, I will go down the alfa route and see if they can make it a smaller order or something, I guess it is worth a shot at asking.

Hi, hope you dont mind me asking but how have you ordered from peaks? Whenever I ask they always say they do not do international shipping :(

Also Alfa chemicals will not do anything less than 1 tonn as I keep ringing them to ask xx

Edited by Joannec
Mistype

I have done quite a bit of testing with both 4630 and J50. If I could only afford to buy one of them it would be the J50 because the burn is more consistent for me. I have to wick down for 4630 and find I cannot get the heavy scents to burn well in my small jars. The flame is too small. JMO. Good luck.

Hi, hope you dont mind me asking but how have you ordered from peaks? Whenever I ask they always say they do not do international shipping :(

Also Alfa chemicals will not do anything less than 1 tonn as I keep ringing them to ask xx

Hi I had to get it sent to a friend who kindly sent it on to me. I got sample wicks etc to make it worth the while.

With Alfa, it could be worth finding out if others in the UK also like the wax and doing a co-op on it.

I think you will be quite pleased with the IGI 6006. Makes for a nice, creamy container candle, and it has good HT. In my experience, it will need a longer cure than a paraffin because of the soy content.

Good luck!

Thanks Ravens! I hope so, I think Candles is a learning curve just like CP/HP, but no 4 weeks waiting time!Lol!

J50 is a work horse paraffin that works perfectly with zinc wicks. Expect sooting and mushrooming with heavy fragrance oils but you do get brilliant colors and not pastels. You will need to repour and the cold throw and hot throw are acceptable but all of this will leave you wanting something better. The J223 is the best of the paraffin blends IMHO and works well with zincs and colors beautifully but does not require a repour (it does tend to sink around the wick), not quite as much soot but about the same with mushrooming on the wicks. The hot thow is wonderful and the cold throw is usually acceptable but all of this will leave you wanting something better. I have tried numerous blends of the j waxes but was never satisfied but the 223 will always have a place in my heart; its good wax. The 6006 at 85% with 15% soy poured at 185 degrees into clean room temperatue jars and cooled in the open will give you good results IMHO. HTH

Steve

J50 is a work horse paraffin that works perfectly with zinc wicks. Expect sooting and mushrooming with heavy fragrance oils but you do get brilliant colors and not pastels. You will need to repour and the cold throw and hot throw are acceptable but all of this will leave you wanting something better. The J223 is the best of the paraffin blends IMHO and works well with zincs and colors beautifully but does not require a repour (it does tend to sink around the wick), not quite as much soot but about the same with mushrooming on the wicks. The hot thow is wonderful and the cold throw is usually acceptable but all of this will leave you wanting something better. I have tried numerous blends of the j waxes but was never satisfied but the 223 will always have a place in my heart; its good wax. The 6006 at 85% with 15% soy poured at 185 degrees into clean room temperatue jars and cooled in the open will give you good results IMHO. HTH

Steve

Have you tried IGI Victory Blend parasoy? It's HT is supposed to be as strong as Comfort Blend. I'd love to try it sometime.

Edited by HorsescentS

I have never used the IGI 6098 but would like to try a sample. It's a pricey wax and not many distributors carry it. I think there was a thread on that wax some time ago but don't remember much about the convo. If you get some, let us know what you think.

Steve

I have never used the IGI 6098 but would like to try a sample. It's a pricey wax and not many distributors carry it. I think there was a thread on that wax some time ago but don't remember much about the convo. If you get some, let us know what you think.

Steve

I'll be sure and let you know, even though as a newbie I'm not the best judge of waxes. I'll get it from AAA Candle Supply. I don't think it's that pricey anymore, unless I'm mistaken.

I'll be sure and let you know, even though as a newbie I'm not the best judge of waxes. I'll get it from AAA Candle Supply. I don't think it's that pricey anymore, unless I'm mistaken.

I tried 6098 and found it wasn't as good as the hype. I do have to admit tho' that I'm too picky on my wax/wick combos so taking that into consideration, you may be very pleased with it.

What I do love about it tho' is combined with 4625 for tarts @ 50/50. That combo gave me the strongest, longest lasting tarts of any blend I tried. Due to the expense, I decided against keeping it as my staple tart blend but it was awesome.

Have fun and GL :)

I tried 6098 and found it wasn't as good as the hype. I do have to admit tho' that I'm too picky on my wax/wick combos so taking that into consideration, you may be very pleased with it.

What I do love about it tho' is combined with 4625 for tarts @ 50/50. That combo gave me the strongest, longest lasting tarts of any blend I tried. Due to the expense, I decided against keeping it as my staple tart blend but it was awesome.

Have fun and GL :)

Wow! Thanks for that tart recipe, Jeannie! But, since it's a parasoy, did you find that not everything will throw in it so you have to stick to FOs that work in soy?

I've read that you have to go with a higher FO load in Victory Blend to get that awesome HT. I'm wondering if it will have a lot of wet spots, like 6006 does for me. I'm spoiled by my Comfort Blend not having wet spots.

Wow! Thanks for that tart recipe, Jeannie! But, since it's a parasoy, did you find that not everything will throw in it so you have to stick to FOs that work in soy?

I've read that you have to go with a higher FO load in Victory Blend to get that awesome HT. I'm wondering if it will have a lot of wet spots, like 6006 does for me. I'm spoiled by my Comfort Blend not having wet spots.

Its a good one Horsescents (imo).....One of those you'll get sick of the scent before the tart is done doing its thing...Enjoy!

I went up to 1.5 oz pp with 6098. Did not have any wet spots using keepsake and madison jars. I don't warm my jars and thought it was a very attractive wax in the container with a very creamy look.

Wish I could give you a start on which wicks gave the best HT using that wax but I gave up on it before getting the wick type or size dialed in.

Its a good one Horsescents (imo).....One of those you'll get sick of the scent before the tart is done doing its thing...Enjoy!

I went up to 1.5 oz pp with 6098. Did not have any wet spots using keepsake and madison jars. I don't warm my jars and thought it was a very attractive wax in the container with a very creamy look.

Wish I could give you a start on which wicks gave the best HT using that wax but I gave up on it before getting the wick type or size dialed in.

Interesting! Well, I loved using zincs in 6006, so maybe zincs work well in Victory Blend too. I'm really loving the HTP wicks in Comfort Blend, especially the self-trimming aspect which is a great safety feature, so I hope HTPs will work in Victory Blend. Since HTP's are hotter, I would expect them to give a stronger HT also. But, I'll try both HTP and zincs.

Interesting! Well, I loved using zincs in 6006, so maybe zincs work well in Victory Blend too. I'm really loving the HTP wicks in Comfort Blend, especially the self-trimming aspect which is a great safety feature, so I hope HTPs will work in Victory Blend. Since HTP's are hotter, I would expect them to give a stronger HT also. But, I'll try both HTP and zincs.

Oh HS....forgot to add that I put 1/2T CO pp in the tart blend.