New name for Butt Naked

Holly

I need to rename this fragrance. Any ideas? I thought of Tropical Paradise, but was not totally sure if that fits it well. Here is the description: "Smooth blend of Peach, Melon, Coconut, Strawberry & Vanilla"

Thanks!

Edited by Holly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt Naked has always been a best seller for me except when I changed the name......I couldn't give it away. I my case the name is what sells it, just something to think about.

Hi, I have read that the name attracts people and thought about dealing with it. The thing is though, I dislike names like that. It is catchy and cute but kinda tacky to me. If I was a purchaser, I would like the scent but dislike the name. lol Thank you for your input just the same. :)

I think I remember someone else renamed it "Tropical Smoothie."

Thank you! That is a good suggestion. That may be better than Tropical Paradise. The thing is though, it may not smell enough like a smoothie. I melted it a couple of times only. I will melt it again and see.

The thing is though, I dislike names like that. It is catchy and cute but kinda tacky to me.

I could not agree more. The name also says absolutely nothing about the scent. In my business, I could not give that scent away if I did not change the name. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I could not agree more. The name also says absolutely nothing about the scent. In my business, I could not give that scent away if I did not change the name. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I agree. I think it depends on the area and people...age group possibly as well. Even if the name did go over well here, I have to feel comfortable with it. Also, even if I did not dislike those types of names, I do not have a whimsical look or cute look which I think that kind a name fits with better.

Edited by Holly

I have a cute look, but I just don't get into corny names. The biggest thing is that I want the name to pertain to the scent. Guessing is fun, but it is also annoying. Many people who love cherry want to find a scent with the name cherry in it and be done with it.

Tropical Paradise is nice. Tropical Oasis, Tropical Splendor... You can put a name with Caribbean in it or Island. Island Paradise? Just a thought or two...

I have a cute look, but I just don't get into corny names. The biggest thing is that I want the name to pertain to the scent. Guessing is fun, but it is also annoying. Many people who love cherry want to find a scent with the name cherry in it and be done with it.

Tropical Paradise is nice. Tropical Oasis, Tropical Splendor... You can put a name with Caribbean in it or Island. Island Paradise? Just a thought or two...

I would be the same way. If I had a cute look, I just have trouble with those types of names...Butt Naked, Lick me All Over, Sex on the Beach (hate this one), and even Monkey Farts. I don't even like using the word Fart....my mom did not allow me to use that word. I don't use it today. My kids do because my husband does, but I always correct them on it. Not doing much good though.

Thanks for the good suggestions. I will muddle it over. :)

I would be the same way. If I had a cute look, I just have trouble with those types of names...Butt Naked, Lick me All Over, Sex on the Beach (hate this one), and even Monkey Farts. I don't even like using the word Fart....my mom did not allow me to use that word. I don't use it today. My kids do because my husband does, but I always correct them on it. Not doing much good though.

Thanks for the good suggestions. I will muddle it over. :)

Everybody I've talked to agrees with you, they would never buy candles with those names. I was thinking of changing "Sex On the Beach" to "Honeymoon On the Beach" or "Love On the Beach." And I'm going to change "Monkey Farts" to "Monkey Bubbles" because it has a bubblegum note and if a monkey blew a bubble it and it popped you could still smell his fruity lunch.

I need to rename this fragrance. Any ideas? I thought of Tropical Paradise, but was not totally sure if that fits it well. Here is the description: "Smooth blend of Peach, Melon, Coconut, Strawberry & Vanilla"

Thanks!

Butt Naked is my top seller, men and women. The name gets their attention, they are curious, sniff it and fall in love. I would NEVER change it,

e

Quite a few years ago I did a craft show and took a couple cases of Sex on the Beach. A very elderly lady (older than me by quite a bit) came along, saw them, giggled a bunch, said it brought back fond memories, and bought all of them.

Butt Naked used to sell well for me, but not lately. I think I have a couple of wickless left and have had them sitting for several months.

It really all depends on the seller and the buyers. You can get some people that are drawn to it and then you can get some people that are turned off to it. I don't get totally offended when I see the names. I just don't care for them and feel like Noodle does regarding my kids. Reindeer Poo is kinda cute. Oh, there is that other one too....Better Than Sex Cake. I dislike that name too. LOL There is a cake called that as well as the scent which I believe Daystar carries.

Quite a few years ago I did a craft show and took a couple cases of Sex on the Beach. A very elderly lady (older than me by quite a bit) came along, saw them, giggled a bunch, said it brought back fond memories, and bought all of them.

Butt Naked used to sell well for me, but not lately. I think I have a couple of wickless left and have had them sitting for several months.

That is funny regarding the old lady loving it......just depends on the person, I guess. I hope this version of Butt Naked sells well for me. I have the one from Candle Source. It is killer strong!

I'm not fond of some of these names and wouldn't use Butt Naked but I have (one scent) sold Reindeer Poo.It got laughs and people loved the fragrance. They loved POO?????

LynnS

Reindeer poo is pretty cute. However, the candle certainly cannot smell like that. Kinda like Markey Farts. What did the scent smell like?

I certainly would consider carrying Monkey Farts or Reindeer Poo if I were marketing to kids. What young kid doesn't like anything that pertains to farts?

Me too. They are kinda cute. I don't like my kids saying fart, but I would not mind them thinking that name was cute. Reindeer Poo is really cute. My kids got some of that candy one time where the candy comes out the hind end. LOL My mom thought it was a little crude. I guess each generation gets a little more open minded. And then you can get those fart sounding squishy blobs. I have to say, I have had some real fun with that. My husband and I really got to laughing.

It's been a couple years since I had the reindeer poo but the name was catchy(not crude).For what it smells like I forget.People liked it and liked the smell. If I remember right I got the scent from Nature's Garden. They might have a descript of the scent there. Think I will order more for the coming holiday season.

Talk about a elderly lady wanting a certain scent.That happened to me at a show.I forget what the scent was but it was supposed to put you in the mood.I came back to my booth.The lady next to me said "a lady asked me to have you put this scent back for her.I did.She came to pick it up.She was old. When I saw her I was in a state of shock.I told her I never sold the scent and she actually told me what it does.Like gets you in the mood.Not what I cared to hear.LOL I had to tell the crafter next to me.She thought it was funny.

LynnS

I guess "Streaking" is too risque too?

I don't think so. I don't think Butt Naked is risque either. It is just not my type of name. Now, Sex on the Beach is very obviously risque. If my kids saw a bar of soap and the name was BUTT NAKED or STREAKING, well, that is not such a big deal in my opinion. I would be very bothered if my kids saw a bar of soap named SEX ON THE BEACH on it. That is very inappropriate and something that you would never expect to see at a craft market. I hope that sellers would not put that scent in plain view.

Edited by Noodle