Experiment ~ well, she blew

SatinDucky

Well, thar she blows!

I wanted to see what would happen with a marathon burn. It's been lit all day, over 10 hrs probably. Now I know. Back to the drawing board.

....and, you're surprised?......;)
Why can't you hug it?
You can't hug palm waxes, they are very hard and brittle.

So if you can't hug a Palm candle, is it supposed to self consume or just tunnel all the way to China?

Whichever you prefer it to do. It's tricky wicking to it just a paper thin shell that will melt eventually. Some like to leave a thin shell for the glow coming through it.

I'm going to try to post a picture of a palm pillar. I finally got this one wicked right and it has burned almost all the way down. The walls are paper thin and melt down slowly as the candle burns. When someone said this stuff is brittle, they were right. The building owner where I work decided no lit candles so I couldn't burn this one anymore, but I'm afraid to take it home because it'll probably break. I admit, I got lucky wicking this thing. Too bad I can't remember what wick it was that finally worked. I think it's a 1/0.

AstorF.jpg