Which do you prefer and sell?

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I'm going to make my HP soap while on vacation (I was supposed to a while ago). I was thinking of either a square mold or a circular mold. My thing is which would sell? My mom said she would not really use the circular one, but for decoration (which she has now) and she would use the square ones. I am at her house on vacation and was bouncing ideas off her. I just wanted to know what ya'll thought about it.

I simply have a hard time with square. I like the feel of rectangle and circle in my hands. My suprise favorite is the 1/2 sphere or the one like Landa makes, flat on one side and rounded on the other. It feels really nice in my hands. I was suprised. I liked it so much I bought 3 molds...LOL

I've tried rectangles, squares, and rounds. Rectangles didn't work very well for me because the middle tends to wear down faster than the sides, causing it to break in half after a while. This is less likely to happen for squares and rounds, so I like these two shapes better.

Guest EMercier

I figured the square would be better. I just wanted to see if I were right. When my mom and I were talking I got to thinking that with the rectangular bars, people would be more likely to use them and hence buy more from me, then just decoration. I'll leave the decoration part to my soapy leaves. Thanks!:grin2:

I'm a rectangle girl for use. Square doesn't flip in my hands. But I like the looks of the square better, makes for more interesting packaging. Never did like the feel of round, though I like the look.

The one shape that I really liked and felt good, surprisingly, was cake shaped slices if you make your soap in a bucket. Very easy to use, flips in the hand, and you can get cute packaging for it.