Pine Sol? Mr Clean? Spic and Span ????

ooook.. I just received an email asking if I could find or had a scent, that smells like any of the above.

It's rather odd to me since I try to find scents that DO NOT smell like cleaning products, but here was her explanation.

She already has my Clean Cotton that smells identical to fresh laundry.

She wants a pine that smells like actual Pine Sol, or a lemon that smells like Mr Clean, etc.. so when she just does a spot job on the house, but company is coming over, she can burn a couple of different melts , so it smells like she's been cleaning house.

I'd laugh............ if it wasn't such a pretty cool idea LOL

Any suggestions on scents that actually smell like cleaning products ? (Im sorry, Im having a hard time typing that with a straight face LOL )

ooook.. I just received an email asking if I could find or had a scent, that smells like any of the above.

It's rather odd to me since I try to find scents that DO NOT smell like cleaning products, but here was her explanation.

She already has my Clean Cotton that smells identical to fresh laundry.

She wants a pine that smells like actual Pine Sol, or a lemon that smells like Mr Clean, etc.. so when she just does a spot job on the house, but company is coming over, she can burn a couple of different melts , so it smells like she's been cleaning house.

I'd laugh............ if it wasn't such a pretty cool idea LOL

Any suggestions on scents that actually smell like cleaning products ? (Im sorry, Im having a hard time typing that with a straight face LOL )

I had a hard time reading with a straight face...lol. I've managed to get Pine Sol scents by accident from citrus but if I tried to duplicate it, know darn well it wouldn't work. I do remember a thread some time back where people mentioned a FO smelling like Pine Sol. Maybe they will chime in.

Good luck on this one

LOL I know, Right? LOL Trust me, I've had some accidents that had a cleaning product or fuel smell but like you, I'd have a hard time duplicating it LOL.

Amazing how we will jump through hoops for our customers...:) They want cleaning scents...we go on the hunt. Might not be a bad idea thinking about it. I could light one up and when DH comes home he'd think I deep cleaned all day instead of being on puter or playing with wax or B&B stuff.

:highfive:

Amazing how we will jump through hoops for our customers...:) They want cleaning scents...we go on the hunt. Might not be a bad idea thinking about it. I could light one up and when DH comes home he'd think I deep cleaned all day instead of being on puter or playing with wax or B&B stuff.
:highfive:

NG's Balsam with a hint of citronella = Pinesol FO

Most cleaning products are ammoniacal which is very hard to replicate using FOs.

I once had a customer ask for a Windex fragrance oil! Weird.

I should've known you would know this!! Lol! :)

Our store specializes in NOVELTY fragrances. It's a niche market but it allows me to be more creative and offer scents others don't carry. Plus, the novelty factor allows me to up the price! more profit to be had. LOL. Never could replicate a good Windex smell though...;)

Forgot to mention that SOS has a motor oil FO that smells similar to turpentine or some other kind of solvent.

Might could mix that with a lemon scent to create a Mr. Clean type smell (though I'm just guessing)

Also, their new Ointment FO smells very chemical clean.

Edited by rctfavr3

I actually love the smell of pine sol. That is the only way I think my house is clean.. I bought one of those Shark steam mops a couple of years ago but refuse to use it because the house doesn't smell right. Now I can use the steam mop and then get the smell from a candle.

LOL omg that's exactly what I thought ... and did, when I got my Shark ! lol it was ODD because the house had ALL wood or tile floors, and I'd work like a dog and it didnt have that cleaner smell we're so used to , that in our heads signified it was "cleaned"...lol how funny !

Exactly. My husband was so mad at me for spending money on a Shark and then sitting it aside. He says "Jill, you need to figure out how to make a candle that smells like Pinesol" My hand was broke at the time and he was doing all the mopping. Ok, I will admit, a year later and he still does 95% of the mopping cause I am always out in the barn playing with candle stuff!!

LOL omg that's exactly what I thought ... and did, when I got my Shark ! lol it was ODD because the house had ALL wood or tile floors, and I'd work like a dog and it didnt have that cleaner smell we're so used to , that in our heads signified it was "cleaned"...lol how funny !