Toilet Paper Fun!

Here is my second one. I used a different toilet paper this time, Scott 1000. I used soy wax 144 golden foods like I did last time. Colored it blue but it looks like its frosting (this is still not so dry in photo). Used a pound of wax, though I think I can use .75ounces next time! It is pumpkin pie scented.

post-14192-139458495974_thumb.jpg

My mother requested 3 more after I made her present. So this is 1 of 3. I can only make one a day. Only one tray :(

I think the bow took me the longest. Never made a bow before, took me 30-40mins to get it right :tongue2:

post-14192-139458495968_thumb.jpg

Looks great.. Baby, you don't need a "tray" LOL just plop down a piece of wax paper to sit them on while they dry. When I get in low production mode, I'll dip 30 in a day ! I just sit then down on clean wax paper, and if it's soaked up a LOT of wax and it's still kinda hot. I'll flip it about 3 minutes after sitting it down that way any wax that is "moving" will distribute well. And then there are times I don't flip, on purpose, to make the hot wax move to the bottom to give it a little depth of color on one end!

Trust me, wax paper. You'll be doing so many a day you'll be shocked !

TP's fun isn't it ? LOL

Looks great.. Baby, you don't need a "tray" LOL just plop down a piece of wax paper to sit them on while they dry. When I get in low production mode, I'll dip 30 in a day ! I just sit then down on clean wax paper, and if it's soaked up a LOT of wax and it's still kinda hot. I'll flip it about 3 minutes after sitting it down that way any wax that is "moving" will distribute well. And then there are times I don't flip, on purpose, to make the hot wax move to the bottom to give it a little depth of color on one end!

Trust me, wax paper. You'll be doing so many a day you'll be shocked !

TP's fun isn't it ? LOL

Great tip! I'm poor with a capital P, so no wax paper. Today I am using walmart shopping bags. But I think I'm with you blacktieaffair, I think this may be my thing. I really really really enjoy making these! I made a few candles and didn't have as much fun!

<giggles> Methinks I have some really stellar competition !

They look really really good sweetie. Aren't they fun? I've had so many candlers and soapers who decided to try them, say it's a nice change of pace from their usual production ( and getting to sit down for quite a spell while you're decorating them all is fun too sometimes lol plus you can put it down and come back and finish it later ! )

Psst.. If you want the vertical ribbon to be flush against the paper , a hot glue gun is your friend. Especially when trying to get those rascally bows in place while doing them vertical. glue in your starter piece in the paper roll, at the top, then wrap around and pull tight...cut and glue again on the opposite side, rinse and repeat LOL.

It wont show, if you do this ( trust me, half of mine are with sheer ribbon, wired and non wired )

start by poking about an inch or a little more, of ribbon in the of the tp roll hole. Hold it tight, with your other hand bring the rest of the ribbon around under the bottom and back up the other side and around the top, passing the hole. Eyeball it where you want to cut the ribbon. make sure its going to be at least an inch that gets stuck down in the hole also. Cut the ribbon this length. If you are doing two ribbons on it, you already have a guide now.. cut the second ribbon the length of the first.

Depending on if you want the hole open at the top ( if you're going to stick something down in the top ) or covered, will depend on which end you glue the ribbon in.

If you "get it" great. If you need more explanation, let me know and I'll be happy to go take some "progress" pictures of me doing one ( it only takes a second ) and I'll be happy to post them for you.

I thought you meant gluing the sides of the ribbon (along the side of the tp roll) where the ribbon is laying. I did do that inch thing and glued them inside the tp roll.

Also for fun and giggles here is the last one I did for my mother in law. Was supposed to be a midevial theme, but turned gothic and well...I didn't line up my beadwork when I was gluing it. But regardless she loved it, just learned for next time. I covered with black tissue paper (messed up with that big time too) and did a dark burgandy ribbon with silver bead embellishments. The top is a iron on patch I hot glued on there. This one was scented Peppermint and Eucalyptus...phew was strong!

post-14192-139458496568_thumb.jpg

post-14192-13945849656_thumb.jpg

LOL let me guess... the PE is from CS! That stuff will knock your socks off and open up any closed sinus's within a 2 mile radius LOL

Lol yup! Made my eyes burn! I had it in a zip of bag and put the TP in a box to mail to my mother in law and I could smell it in my car!