Guest Size Soaps

Jeana

I want it to be faster and more professional than just cutting by hand. I'm going to be making about 500 or more for each order. I don't want to cut and label all those by hand. I guess the cutter is the most important, I could most likely use the molds I have already. I would like them to look similar to the bars found in hotels.

Tube molds work great. Whether PVC molds (round or heated&molded to an oval) or Crystal Lite Drink Mix which come in oval or rectangle, they all are perfect sizes and shapes for guests. I get about 18 bars per drink mix tube and have accumulated enough of them so it's a breeze to produce in volume.

Like others, for infrequent orders I often just cut a thinly sliced (1/4 - 1/2 inch) bar in half so that the resulting rectangle bars weigh about 1 oz after curing. It takes no time with a wire cutter set to the right depth. I've also made a 10 lb block of soap, cut it into 2x2 logs, then cut the logs to 1/4-1/2 inch with my wire cutters. Takes no time at all.

For Crafts Sakes version looks great if you're going to have lots of similar orders to recover the tooling investment.

I'm only working with CP for these. I was looking at the FCS mini soap cutter but some people on here have commented on the size of the soap that was cut, saying it was an odd size. I've left a message to ask some questions about the cutter, hopefully they will call back.

TT what wire cutter are you talking about? Sounds like what you have could work for me.

Here is an idea. let's say you use TANK. you first split the log in half (lengthwise). Take one half of the log and put in the TANK, slice, then pick up all the bars at a time, move them half bar to the right, or half bar to the left left. Cut one more time. Voila, you have guest size bars.

I don't have the TANK so I don't know 100% if that will work.

I spoke with FCS today and she said the bars are 1.5"x2.5"x 3/8" so that sounds like it will work for me. She said each 3lb batch from their mold with cut 72 bars. This should go pretty quick. Now I have to do a post for mini boxes. How does your friend package her B&B soaps?

I don't want to cut and label all those by hand.

WOW! I make tons of guests soaps and I never label mine. I let the client do that on their own. I'd go crazy with that... I also cut my guest soaps by hand very quickly and efficiently. Once you get a system going, it is very fast. The cutter is the key. I also recommend a serrated edge. This way any slight cutting errors go completely unnoticed.

I spoke with FCS today and she said the bars are 1.5"x2.5"x 3/8" so that sounds like it will work for me. She said each 3lb batch from their mold with cut 72 bars. This should go pretty quick. Now I have to do a post for mini boxes. How does your friend package her B&B soaps?

Just a thought, you might need something more sturdy, but what about small glassine or paper bags (no gusset)? You could just stamp the outside of the bag or seal with a cute label.

WOW! I make tons of guests soaps and I never label mine. I let the client do that on their own. I'd go crazy with that... I also cut my guest soaps by hand very quickly and efficiently. Once you get a system going, it is very fast. The cutter is the key. I also recommend a serrated edge. This way any slight cutting errors go completely unnoticed.

I agree LOL, but I have no choice if I take this on I have to label them too. This is something I'll have to do to make this account happy. They are very large and very good to me. That's why I want it quick and easy. But it has to look very professional at the same time. I have so much else on my plate tiny soaps sound so tedious right now:P

I'm going to look at what's out there for the glassine bags. If they are small enough that might work sealed with a label and their logo.