Drizzling MP on CP?

JanetsCandles

Ok. So I was thinking. Is there a way to make Melt and Pour stick to CP soap after the CP has set up/ect? I'm asking because I'm thinking of trying a bundt cake thing, but want to drizzle something over it. Well, I don't want to make a fresh batch of CP just to make the drizzle, and I've got the problem that the mold is upside down. Curved on the bottom of the mold, flat on top. It's silicone, so no interaction issues. But can I do something with the MP soap on top of it after it comes out of the mold? Do I need to spritz it with alcohol? Or how does this work? :confused:

I did it with a log soap before and I sliced them first then drizzled with MP on them. I didn't spray with alcohol though, but you might want to. Make sure you use non bleeding colors and your fo doesn't discolor or your MP will turn also. The only thing that might happen is if you start slicing the soap your pretty drizzle will come off, because the MP drizzle is so thin. Maybe someone has another idea for you :)

Ok. So I was thinking. Is there a way to make Melt and Pour stick to CP soap after the CP has set up/ect? I'm asking because I'm thinking of trying a bundt cake thing, but want to drizzle something over it. Well, I don't want to make a fresh batch of CP just to make the drizzle, and I've got the problem that the mold is upside down. Curved on the bottom of the mold, flat on top. It's silicone, so no interaction issues. But can I do something with the MP soap on top of it after it comes out of the mold? Do I need to spritz it with alcohol? Or how does this work? :confused:

I did try this years ago, It stayed for a few days and then separated from the soap.

Alcohol isn't a binding agent, I cannot see how that would help.

How about this: Make your mp drizzle, pour it in the bunt cake mold in the same fashion you would want the drizzle to look, as if you poured it when unmolded. (add your cp soap to the mold) Soap a little cooler so it stays intact yet adheres. Am I making sense? Because I can see it....

I have not worked with mp that much, but from what I remember the cooler the thicker. Maybe it would work...

Oh good luck, I hope I helped a little, lol :)

I unmold the next day while the soap is still kinda tacky and make up a one pound recipe for icing. It doesn't separate and it does not draw moisture like m&p but you have to use td and or vanilla destabilizer if you want it to stay white (although eventually it will turn). I don't think you will get any dimension by drizzling inside the mold and then pouring on top IMHO. Icing should stand out and be purely decorative. I cut my bundt soap into slices and then placed them on their sides like a slice of cake on a plate and then poured icing on top and let it drip half-way down the side (the soap is thick enough pour but not too thick or it won't look right) place a m&p imbed like a cherry or whatever, a little glitter and you have a neat looking piece of soap that fits the hand real well and is a great showpiece for the bath. HTH

Steve