Keeping Labels on Lip Balms

clueless

I know there have been several posts on lip balm labels lately, but I'm having trouble keeping the labels on my lips balms. They just unpeel and don't stick well to the tubes.

I was wondering if something like a thin layer of mod podge on the outside over the label would seal them on there? Maybe coat the tubes before I fill them?

Do any of you have ideas or think this would work very well? Mod podge does dry clear, thats what made me think of this.

Oh thank you! I had not even thought of that! Right now I'm basically just gift giving, but would feel embarrassed if the label was falling off. I like them to think I atleast know most of what I'm doing lol.

Should I just tell my friends and family to not remove the bands? And if they do the label won't hold and will fall off.

Do labels normally not wanna stick to these tubes? I have made balms before but only with the small jars and never bothered trying to label them as they were tiny.

First, make absolutely certain the outsides of the tubes are clean. Wipe well with Isopropyl Alcohol 91% or higher at least once, then dry completely. Even oils from your finger tips can cause adhesive failure.

Then once the labels are on, hit them briefly with a heat gun if it looks like the adhesive may fail. Then shrink wrap.

I have to say, no matter which form of shrink I use customers always, without fail, peel the entire wrap off. I use laminated labels to ensure they always look nice.

That does make a lot of sense! Just a small amount of oil on your fingertips could mess it up. I'm definitely going to try that out and see if I have any success with wiping it down and then adding label and then hitting it with heat.

LoL@ your customers being stubborn! Silly people lol . When I buy cosmetics from the store such as balms or lip sticks, really anything with shrink wrap..I actually always keep it on there! I never peel it all the way off. Just the very top part.

I could never get my lip balm labels to stick no matter what I did and ended up placing clear tape over the labels to secure them and then shrink wrapping them. Then someone mentioned the 1.8x1.8 waterproof labels from Elements and I tried them and love them. They stick to the lip balm tube and I don't have to waste time placing clear tape over them, just shrink wrap them.

Thanks so much for your advice. I can imagine it would be a pain going through all that to get labels to stick. waterproof labels would probably be the best for a lip product, after all I'm sure no one wants to get a lip balm just to have the ink smear and smudge lol.