Fragrancebuddy Reviews on Fragrance Oils

Delta

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could make this a thread title, end all the speculation once & for all! LOL!!!!!

It's not Luis. This guy has been in business for several years. Luis said he made the oils himself, this guy buys from a manufacturer. Ordering samples is not the same. OF's oils were way stronger then this guys. His name is mentioned in this thread somewhere.

Well, I emailed the owner, and got a pretty detailed response.

"Thanks for contacting us. We liked a lot of the Only Fragrance oils so we had them duplicated. The Sugar Cookie, Blueberry Cheesecake, Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice, Amish Harvest and a few more. We also duplicated a lot from Bitter Creek, Natures Garden, Candle Science, Brambleberry, Aztec, Natures Garden, Indiana Candle, Daystar, Just Scent, Yankee, BBW and others. The only difference is we buy bulk and just repack. I think Only was trying to manufacturer their own fragrances. We buy a product like the new BBW line and have those duplicated by a fragrance manufacturer. Then if we like them we add them to our collection on the website. I would say to start off get some samples and then buy bulk. Hope this answered your question. Thanks, Adam"

I asked if his Zucchini Bread was a dupe, and he confirmed it was an ICS dupe.

Well, I bit the bullet and finally went to check out the FB site. I was intrigued by the email that Beezy got.

I found quite a few I'd love to have, but was seriously put off by the fact you can only purchase by the pound.

Then I thought, well ok, I'll just get the ouncers ... THEN I find out that if the oil is over 16.00 a pound, you can't order a 1 oz sample of it. I had picked out 12 that were over 16.00 a pound I wanted to test.

Not real keen on that, at all. But that's just me.

Guess I'll be sticking with my known suppliers, and people who actually put 1 oz samples for you to try on sale. Regardless of how much the pound costs. I just can't justify the risk right now.

Edited by blacktieaffair

You did ?? Hmm.. okie dokie! I need to check into that it seems!!!

This was just what I was going off of.. it came from their site under the Samples heading..

"We added a sample pack of 10 X 1 ounce samples so that new customers could try our premium uncut oils at a buddy price of $10.00. We don't want you to buy 16 ounces of a fragrance that you will not use. We understand that your specialized wax blend may not work with some fragrances or your looking for a light scent for soaps. Designer Roll ons, Essential Oils and Fragrance oils of more than $16 a pound are not allowed for sampling.

I also got a few FO samples that were well over the $16/lb. I'm pretty sure those samples were diluted with IPM or DPG because they didn't seem to be nearly as strong as the others in my sample set. But, for the price of samples it's still worth it!

Edited by rctfavr3

Does anyone have more updates on fragrance reviews from FB? I just got some in wax (with asterisks) and am waiting for them to cure. Here's my opinion on what I've ordered.

Black Raspberry Vanilla* - a little light OOB but still smells good. The website says it's a true duplication of the original BBW fragrance but I can't attest to that because I don't know what the original smells like.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread* - smells strong OOB. I smell more pumpkin than cinnamon but still a good one. I'm hoping this will be a good selling fall/winter fragrance.

Mulberry* - this stuff is strong. I mixed it 50/50 with Peak's Amish Harvest (Candybee recipe) and will see if folks around here like it.

Zucchini Bread* - I've never eaten zucchini bread but this stuff smells great. I may have found a new favorite fragrance if this smells as good when burning/melting as it does OOB.

Teakwood Forest - to me this has a sweet tobacco smell to it. Haven't gotten it in wax yet but not sure if it will go over well here. I've tried to sell Asian Sandalwood from Peak and I can't seem to give that away.

Pepperberry Wreath - I think this smells similar to Elements Balsam & Citrus. A sweet citrusy balsam fragrance that should make a good holiday/winter fragrance.

Lavender Fields - I'm not a big floral fan but this doesn't smell too bad. It has a more musky, less sweet smell than the other lavenders other companies sell.

Amish Harvest - smells similar to Peaks but heavier on the vanilla and slightly lighter on the cinnamon. I like Peaks better.

Creamsicle - this is pretty strong OOB but it reminds me of the smell of cough syrup we took as kids. I like it though - the fragrance oil not the cough syrup. The orange is definitely the stronger of the two scents but you can still make out the vanilla.

Vanilla Bean Noel - don't know what the original VBN smelled like but this seems extremely light OOB. I may be one of those who has a hard time smelling vanilla scents but I don't think this is going to work well in wax.

Violet Tulip - a nice mild floral fragrance that I think will be a good seller for floral lovers.

Bird of Paradise - fairly strong OOB. Their site says a combination of vanilla, strawberry and coconut and while I smell the coconut and vanilla it seems the strawberry smells more like a mango or papaya smell to me. Will see what it's like in wax.

Citrus & Sage - fairly light out of bottle. I certainly wouldn't have chosen Citrus & Sage as the name if I was blindfolded and smelled it. Smells more like a toilet cleaner to me.

Winter Wonderland - a little light OOB. You can definitely smell the peppermint with just a touch of vanilla. If this throws well in wax I think it could be a good seller.

Butt Naked - I'm not sure what BN is supposed to smell like but this smells exactly like cucumber melon to me.

Floating Island by Lush - this fragrance is so light OOB I'm having trouble even smelling it. It may work well in B&B products but I don't think it's going to work in wax at all.

Cherry Lemonade - pretty strong OOB. The cherry fragrance overpowers the lemon. It may turn out to be a decent seller.

Maple Walnut Fudge - a slightly nutty smell to it. I do think it smells good but the combination of oils make it smell almost like a weak coffee smell.

Warm Welcome - I've smelled this before but can't put my finger on where. The website says it's a combination of spices, cinnamon, apple, and hints of zucchini bread but I'm not smelling any of those. It seems more like cherry and mulberry to me.

Karma by Lush - again, I don't know what Lush fragrances smell like but I'm picking up patchouli, lavender and some sort of citrus, maybe lemon or orange.

By no means am I a fragrance aficionado but I hope those descriptions give you an idea of what those oils smell like.

Well, I was afraid of that. I want a woody, maybe sort of earthy type of cinnamon that seems more natural.

It may sound silly, but you might could try mixing it with an SOS sniffie sample of Curry for that extra dry earthy note. I recently tried their Curry keynote, and it's spicey as all get out with that dry woodiness I think would work well with Cinnamon. As far as Cinnamon scents go; I refuse to buy anything other than their Red Hot Cinnamon FO. It'll burn nose hairs! HAHA.

Edited by rctfavr3

rctfavr3, I am considering cinnamon mixed with a bit of cedar. I like your idea, but I can't get past SOS's crazy pricing system to try them. I also thought about a touch of patchouli or Moonworks' "Gaia" in it.

I know what you mean about their price system. Crazy high prices too! Why a 1 ounce FO costs $6 is beyond me?! Cinnamon and Cedar would be a good blend! I can smell it from here. :smiley2:

Edited by rctfavr3

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone has tried their Toasted Marshmallow.. One of my fave candles here lately is the Marshmallow Fireside by BBW, and I was wondering if it was similar to that. I think I'll be ordering a sampler ^_^ Since they are in Georgia, shipping is much cheaper!

Maple Walnut Fudge (cured 24 hours) -- after three straight days of filling up my house, I switched it out of boredom. That sucker is super strong!!!

Suntan Lotion (cured 24 hours) -- I'm a fan. Good mix of banana, coconut, suntan smell.

Those are the only two I've put into wax -- the rest I ordered just didn't tickle my fancy OOB. I'd like to order more, but I don't like how he has the samplers set up. Gonna contact him and see how it works when the (10) bottles you pick out don't all fall into the 'under $16/lb' category. I don't mind paying $10 for samples (I can find ten to try), but I can't seem to find ten to try that justify $20 -- I just wish he would offer individual sample pricing.

• 1 year later...