Felted soap

Jewls819

Has anyone ever tried felted soap? I was thinking they would make great gifts for my family and friends.

Wow..I searched this topic with no results but as soon as I typed a new thread the others showed up...sry.

Edited by Jewls819
I found what i was looking for

I make them. I use Merino Wool. It is anti-bacterial. It never gets dirty. It suds the minute water hits it. It is great for people who have a hard time holding on to slippery soap. It lasts a very long time. The wool shrinks as the soap shrinks. They are not fast sellers as they are so different. People who buy them, like them however.

I make them. I use Merino Wool. It is anti-bacterial. It never gets dirty. It suds the minute water hits it. It is great for people who have a hard time holding on to slippery soap. It lasts a very long time. The wool shrinks as the soap shrinks. They are not fast sellers as they are so different. People who buy them, like them however.

Is this a fabric? or the wool threads/fuzz? Also wondered how thick you make the wool. I noticed on mine some places were pretty thin. Would like to buy a bar of your felted soap to see what it should look like and suds.

I have a friend that is a very good knitter. She made a couple of gorgeous purses by knitting them with wool yarn and then felting them somehow. All I saw was the results and they were both really nice. You could not see the knitted stitches at all just solid heavy felt. Could this be done with soap? Would it be really hard? Not much of a knitter so I don't know.