Email Complaint from the BBB~ B.S.

tlc

Just a heads up.

We got an email this morning that was supposed to be from the BBB about a customer complaint. The email had an attached zip file that of course contained the complaint details that you are supposed to open. :rolleyes2 It's total BS. Beware, the email addy looks pretty legit but call the BBB first. As always, do not open the attachment to have a peek. You will most likely get a virus in your precious computer. The BBB has a recorded message on their line about these email's so they are aware.

This is nothing new but thought I would post something about it.

Got that same email today! I called the number in the email (which I don't understand how or why that would be in the email) to the BBB and there is a recorded message about this email being a scam. Strange they are getting ahold of us candlemakers again!

Strange they are getting ahold of us candlemakers again!

This came to another website that we have that is not candle related. These spammer's/phisher's just glean email addy's any way they can. Could be from our customers that have been scammed or just a search bot that crawls the web scanning for addy's in the text/links. I don't think chandlers/candle makers are targeted per-say, just any email addy they can get. Darn them anyhow!

Yes, I've received this several times, and I don't even sell anything yet! Just doing candles and lotions for family/friends so suspected it was a phishing email. Just delete.... I checked the BBB website, and they have requested forwarding any of these emails to them to research too.