1st candles ever!

tbowers8403

post-14192-139458494409_thumb.jpg

So these are my first candles ever. They are 2oz in a tin container. Yellow beeswax with a Eco2 wick. The one on the right had a huge crack going across the middle, but I zapped it with my heat gun and refilled the top. The wick is off center which irritates me. I can't wait to try them out!

My other craft (which I will not post here because they are ugly) was a muslin satchet filled with crushed corn cob and scented with Orange and Peel FO. They look ugly because I attempted to tie dye them. But smell great!

pencil.png

Excellent job for your first candles!! They look so creamy and I love the color!! Those wicks...they kind of have a mind of their own at times...but you'll become an expert at it as you go along. Takes me back to my first time that I made candles.....12 years ago...so prepare yourself....this is one EXCELLENT addiction to have !!! :) Wishing you the absolute best of luck as you begin your chandler profession!! :)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and praise. I burned one of them for about 2 hrs and it was the one with the offcenter wick. Melt pool was nice, just didn't get the far edge melted. I think because it was off center. The flame seemed normal, not to big or small so happy with that. I'll test out the other one at a later time :)

My other craft (which I will not post here because they are ugly)

Don't feel bad as I have a TON of ugly stuff that I wouldn't dare let anyone see. It's a part of the deal. I like the coloring on these. Good job!