Poured 2 candles with 6006 and CO that are smelling stronger than 2 cases!!!

I'm not gonna say I came up with the idea of adding co but several years back when GL was the hottest wax on the web; I added co and claimed it would enhance ht. We went through this same kind of testing period where some said it really helped and others said it didn't. I found it helped during a time when the soy harvest went through a severe drought and the quality of the wax was brittle. The co improved the appearance and gave marginal improvement to ht as well but wasn't necessary after the soy improved. GL offered sticky wax which was petrolatum and really helped with the adhesion and the ht at the time. I tried co with 6006 and several blends and didn't get any more stability with or without it and decided to move on. It will make votives glossy and improve the ht/ct IMHO. HTH

Steve

Well Thanks if you did! I've been testing 11 months & 1st time something's working. Even Dblwicking.

HS I added 1tbsp of CO & after 2 hours 4627/Cd12/CC FO/12oz Status was sooting. I have 5 different jars to try, so we'll see. It definitely worked in CBL125, no sooting! 125 soots all by itself, so much better with CO.

I'm not gonna say I came up with the idea of adding co but several years back when GL was the hottest wax on the web; I added co and claimed it would enhance ht. We went through this same kind of testing period where some said it really helped and others said it didn't. I found it helped during a time when the soy harvest went through a severe drought and the quality of the wax was brittle. The co improved the appearance and gave marginal improvement to ht as well but wasn't necessary after the soy improved. GL offered sticky wax which was petrolatum and really helped with the adhesion and the ht at the time. I tried co with 6006 and several blends and didn't get any more stability with or without it and decided to move on. It will make votives glossy and improve the ht/ct IMHO. HTH

Steve

Have you tried adding another wax to 4627?

I don't use 4727 but rather 4630. I add 464 at between 20% -25%, if the FO doesn't throw well in soy then I take a little downward hit on HT but it make for a better burn and less soot. I assume that CO is doing the same but the added oil will affect the total amount of oil (FO) that can be added whereas adding wax shouldn't.

I don't use 4727 but rather 4630. I add 464 at between 20% -25%, if the FO doesn't throw well in soy then I take a little downward hit on HT but it make for a better burn and less soot. I assume that CO is doing the same but the added oil will affect the total amount of oil (FO) that can be added whereas adding wax shouldn't.

Thanks! I'm going to try that. But, how does adding 464 affect adhesion? I don't get any wet spots with 4627, so will adding soy cause wet spots and make the wax pull away from the jar like 6006 does?