Small Advanced success....

Just thought I would post a small success with Ecosoya Advanced. I am testing at the moment an 8oz tin with Dragon's Blood FO and a 5 day cure and it has a nice throw! :cheesy2:

I do have to say that this FO does make the wax frost rather badly though. Probably won't use the combination in the future, but it is just really really good to know I can make a successful candle! Oh and that Advance can sometimes work.

:yay:

It is very very nice. Ordered the same FO from a different supplier and it smells nothing like it out of the bottle. So will see what happens when I use that one.

I hope it does have something to do with it, because it was the only time the wax frosted and I made 3 different batches at different times and different colours and all frosted in some way, even with no colouring. I just assumed it was the FO cause I have used others with no frosting at all.

Ahh...the joys of candles :D

Finally getting HT in CB-A at the expensive of now getting frosting is ashamed. That was the one good thing about CB-A, no frosting. Might as well use 464 now since it has a better range of FOs that work with it, smooth tops, and you get the frosting free of charge.

Hi!

I have never smelled this scent before and I have read that a lot of people love it, but the name is so yucky! Hope nobody takes that the wrong way, not at trying to be a jerk or nothing. Am I missing something here?

Dragon's Blood is a plant, I believe. A resin is derived from the plant. I think its uses are ancient.

Edited by deb426

Finally getting HT in CB-A at the expensive of now getting frosting is ashamed. That was the one good thing about CB-A, no frosting. Might as well use 464 now since it has a better range of FOs that work with it, smooth tops, and you get the frosting free of charge.

LOL, well I am still changing wax. I have some C3 on the way. Maybe whatever it is they are doing to prevent the frosting also prevents the hot throw?????? I have other FO test and no throw and no frosting....mmmm strange.

I've been on the search for a stronger DB for awhile. I'm just beginning testing with soys, so don't know enough about the frosting issue. I ignore it at this point. Wicking has me crazy! What % FO are you using with this wax?

For the DB I used 9% I've only wicked with the Advanced and found htp 105 104 are much on par with the DB. Other fragrances I think I would stick with htp126, but didn't really complete testing those candles I have made and will probably remelt and do something with them.

Hi!

I have never smelled this scent before and I have read that a lot of people love it, but the name is so yucky! Hope nobody takes that the wrong way, not at trying to be a jerk or nothing. Am I missing something here?

Its actually very nice despite the name. Its a popular incense so I sell a lot. Customers come up and ooo and awww and say "look, she has dragon's blood!". I have a wholesale account that buys a lot of DB and Nag Champa and Witches Brew too.

I bought it from NCS which probably came from CS anyway. I have one from BigTree but not sure about that one. Will try it though.

I've actually been told you can get it in soap too. :) Will have to look for some.