I am having trouble getting a good HT from my 8oz tins,

I use CBA and I am aware of the HT issues. I am thinking about trying another wax again. I did try a few when I first started and really loved the was the CBA looks. And I know there are as many answers to this question as there are waxes, but I want to see what others have done after giving up on the CBA. Now that I have a much better and more organized testing system I would like to test another wax. To those who have left the CBA for another wax which have you switched to and got the best results. I guess I am mostly interested in those that use the 8 oz tins. Because contrary to all that I have read, I have had great luck with getting the CBA in a 16 oz Apothecary. Thanks. Sorry, my brain is running a bit manic tonight:shocked2::yay::yay::P:p.

Strange how you have luck with one container and not another. I have only used the some tins and with CBA (I am just starting) and have given up too. I started a thread with basically the same question and same with Tammy. C3 is what I am giving a try. Just ordered some today.

I gave up on CB-A and switched to 464, while better with the HT and the variety of FOs that it throws, I was still unhappy (the frosting didn't help either). I then moved to 4630 (paraffin) which has a great FO range and HT but will throw soot if the wick get to long. Now I have moved to a blend of the two to make my own parasoy. I still have great and the soy tames the burn so much less sooting issues. I now have smooth tops, no frosting, great HT, minimal soot (power burns only), and a great range of FOs.

I'm a recent concert to C-3 (from 464) in 8 oz tins. I was just about on the verge of giving up on tins entirely having worked through 464, 4633 and blends with any&all wicks on the market.

After reading and re-reading Stella's posts I konked myself in the head and wondered why I'd not tried C-3 before. Now tin container happiness in my house is in the form of uncolored C3 with CD-10, CD-12, CDN-10 and CDN-12 wicks depending on the fragrance. Hopefully this wave of tin joy continues for a good long while.

I also jumped on the C3 ship! Unfortunately I have a full unopened 50# box of advanced just sitting in my basement :-(

I'm right there with you... At least I know 464 made some pretty sweet melts when blended with PB. All is not totally lost.

The more I play with C3 the deeper in love with it I fall. I can really appreciate the ease after mucking around with other waxes for so long. Let's hope this affair lasts for a while :)