Anyone wear a mask while pouring?

One of those dusk, particle masks would not help with any solvent type fumes only a respirator would and those will cost. I don't know what fumes are given off during candle making but you'd have to match the filter to whatever they were. Best suggestion is to have good ventilation and minimize your exposure.

Having some respiratory problems and wondering what type of mask would filter out fo?

Here's a link to the 3M website for organic vapor respirators. These would probably help, but, as pointed out, good ventilation is critical.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Health/Safety/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LES9MG812H2000000_nid=K8BJG72CDHbeF3RH7CD92Ngl

Yes. I got mine at Lowes. Its an OSHA approved respirator with changeable filters. Its a bit pricey but its worth it. I had started developing a cough on pouring days. Once I got the respirator and started using it no more irratated lungs. But you do have to get used to not smelling your candles when you pour. You get used to it and its much safer with the mask.

Thanks everyone! Candybee thanks so much, I have the same problem and can only link it to fo as when I'm away from it for a week or so it all clears up and comes back when I pour....tons of allergies here so not surprised. Since I'm really trying to stick

with my current scents I'm not too concerned about smelling them...already tested, tested and tested more! LOL

Good to know kandlekrazy. BTW-- I wear glasses and the mask doesn't bother me at all. I use it for both candle pouring and making CP when I am working with lye. I also wear eye goggles on top of the mask on top of my glasses when I am working with lye and it doesn't bother me.