Can't believe I did this!

not an expert but I would think to start running hot water and boiling lots of hot water to continuously pour down the drain- as far as the wax in the sink itself- let it harden and scrape it out-dont use water for this- as little as possible going the drain the better

at least soy is easier to clean off things- I have heard paraffin is a nightmare...if that helps:sad2:

Boiling water with dish soap in it. The boiling water will melt the wax the dish soap will emulsify the water/wax so it will continue down the drain as it cools, keep it moving too. The more soapy water the better.

These are referred to by the nerdy candle makers as waxidents. They happen all the time!

Edited by 001

If it makes you feel any better, I once spilled a full pour pot of red hot cinnamon parasoy all over my kitchen counter and floor. Looked like a massacre took place in my kitchen! Took forever to clean.

Here's a helpful hint. Buy a plastic liner to put in your sink when you make candles. I found a bright red one. They are usually in the kitchen section at stores with the cutting boards. Now I see 'red' liner in the sink which reminds me to not drop wax down my drain. Plus having the liner in there keeps the wax from going down the drain. If you can't find a liner, plug up your sink with a sink stopper or old towels-- anything that will safely catch wax.