Tradewinds

tyty72

Ack, you got your stuff from Scentworks??! I got a shipping notice yesterday but it still doesn't look it's at the post office yet. I was hoping I would get it by Saturday if it went out. I don't think they are all that far way from CS and I usually get stuff in 2 days from there. So, what did you get, hmmm?

i had bought the sampler packs of the new oils she came out with a couple of month ago..

there were several that i really liked in my cp soap..so I reordered in larger sizes.

Sweet Lodge Smoke..this is wonderful in cp soap, & candles..

Frost apple..is absolutely delish..in cp soap..

oatmeal milk & honey...

Alo ani...I have fell in love with this scent..

Sanguigno Orange & Patch...lov in cp soap..and i think it would be wonderful in any B&B product you wanted to put it in

yuzu japanese Grapefruit..lov lov in cp soap..I think this is a favorite of mine..Also like above..would be wonderful in B&B

I just got these in the sale below..and am waiting for my new molds..I have never tried them..

Peaches and Dreams..OOB..i think this is one of the best peach scents I have ever smelled..to me, it is much better that their white peach..that I also have...

Green Irish Tweed

Magnolia Grandflora..I am tring to find a replacement for SweetCakes Magnolia Acacia..but this one it not it..smells good but not as good as SC..

Coconut cardamon custard..

lemon london curd..

What did you get..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

I went round and round on what I wanted, so many wonderful sounding scents, too little money!! I had Sweet Lodge Smoke and Alo Ani on my list originally then took them off. May have to grab some 1oz samples to try them. Same with Lemon London Curd. I also wanted to pick up some more masculine scents and some that were a little different. So I ended up with

Polo Black, Sanguigno Orange and Patch, Fine Young Cannabis, Starfruit Pavlova, Kerala Spice Amber, Fata Morgana, Rebellious, Lost Empire's Incense and True Lilac (for DH). Nope they smell as amazing as the descriptions.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Did you get your order from Tradewinds yet? I'm dying to find out what you think. Also, what did you order?

I went ahead and grabbed a small bottle of all them since there were only 5. And, I'm indecisive sometimes :cheesy2:

And no on getting the oils, it's now supposed to go out this week because of issues with their shipper last week.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I went ahead and grabbed a small bottle of all them since there were only 5. And, I'm indecisive sometimes :cheesy2:

And no on getting the oils, it's now supposed to go out this week because of issues with their shipper last week.

Hmmm... I hope this is not the beginning of a new set of excuses for them. I'm trying to be positive and give them the benefit that they are really, really, ready to start their FO biz again and not toying with us.

Hmmm... I hope this is not the beginning of a new set of excuses for them. I'm trying to be positive and give them the benefit that they are really, really, ready to start their FO biz again and not toying with us.

I know what you mean. They were already out of business (or pretty close to it) by the time I really started into this craft. But while doing research I found many threads where people loved their FO. And, they are not too far away from me and I'm hoping they allow pickups. Possibly do a co-op at some point to get price breaks. Also read about the problems they had as well and keeping a good thought it was due to the health issues.

Since they are just starting the FO biz again I'm willing to give them some leeway. I know it took a while for them to get the Select Shades to me when I ordered them last year. But again, they had just opened back up and were not really setup yet. Guess we'll see...

Ok, just got the fragrances and here is my OOB impressions. I also put some on test strips and letting those dry down to see how the scent changes.

Tradewinds Breeze - I get a lot of citrus out of the bottle. I can tell there are other notes, just unable to discern them. Definitely a green layer somewhere, possibly the bamboo. Unless it does fabulous things in product, this is so-so for me.

Apple Cloverleaf - I pickup the apple scent and some of the cloverleaf. But, also an alcohol type of smell? Maybe the green apple is dominant OOB? If you were to pickup the bottle for a test you would know it was fruit and green, but probably couldn't say exactly which scents. Unsure about this one.

Blackberry and Fig - I get the Fig and some Cedar. Not smelling a lot of Blackberry at this point. Although every so often Blackberry Sage pops into my head. Warm, nice scent I think. Maybe the Blackberry will come out with dry-down.

Honeysuckle Violet - Just a note. I love the smell of fresh honeysuckle. But, I haven't really found a honeysuckle FO that wasn't too sweet and cloying after a while. This is definitely honeysuckle, but I'm not getting that overlysweet note from this. I think the Violet, Ylang and Jasmine kind of ground it. Very interested to see how this one does in product.

Bamboo Teak - This is my favorite but I'm partial to the more masculine scents. This is a very warm teak, more so than CS Caribbean Teakwood. I think the Cedar and Sandalwood really come through to give it a complex scent. Not getting much of the Bamboo but it could be because I really lean toward the musks, cedars, sandalwoods, etc. Woody, a little earthy, I like it.

As I said before, I'm not the best person to describe scents, don't have the best nose. Other than the Bamboo Teak none of the them really wowed me OOB. But we all know that can change once it's in wax, soap or lotion. I'll let you know how the test strips are going later. :smiley2:

ProudMarineMom, you are descibing the scents very well! Here is what I want to know:

Is there a chemical smell to the oils overall? (Excluding the alcohol smell that you mentioned in the apple Cloverleaf.)

Do the scents smell realistic? (They may not be what you are looking for, but do they smell true?)

How strong are they OOB compared to other companies that you have used?

Any input is appreciated!

Is there a chemical smell to the oils overall? (Excluding the alcohol smell that you mentioned in the apple Cloverleaf.)

Do the scents smell realistic? (They may not be what you are looking for, but do they smell true?)

How strong are they OOB compared to other companies that you have used?

There isn't a chemical smell to all of them, but I get that vibe from the Apple and TW Breeze and slightly from the Honeysuckle. Maybe the Bamboo ingredient they use? Here is the additional info for OOB throw and whether the smell true.

Btw, the oils are in plastic bottles with nice, clearly marked labels.

TW Breeze - Medium; True based on their description of the scent; Dry-down - A bit faint but still there. It's starting to remind a little bit of MW Midsummer Night. Although this one is stronger with the orange scent where as MW has more grapefruit I think. I'm on the fence about this one. Might really need to be in product to get the full benefit.

Apple Cloverleaf - Light; Not really; Dry-down - This has really faded on the test strip. It is a fresh and clean scent. Not sure if it will come back with a cure in wax or soap. Or, if you could smell any apple. Wondering if it's leaning more towards a green apple scent and I'm expecting something sweet like red apple.

Bamboo Teak - Strong; True; If you are familiar with Tony's Cedar Leaves, this smells almost like that. Knew I smelled something like that fragrance before. Dry-down is still strong and I'm getting some sweetness. I'm going to assume this one will be a very stong hot-throw based on similar FO's.

Honeysuckle Violet - Strong; True; Dry-down - Strong and sweet. I put some of this in my plug-in warmer in the bathroom with some DPG. Outstanding hot-throw through the house. It does lean towards pretty sweet and reminds me of a laundry detergent of some sort.

Blackberry Fig - Medium; True; Dry-down - Very nice on the strip. Getting some sweetness and wood. Put some of this in a tealight warmer. Not as strong as the Honeysuckle, but that may be because it's a measly Walmart tealight and not a bulb. It is filling my kitchen and I gotta tell ya, I really like this one. I think it's going to be a keeper if it does well in other things. I don't think it will be a blow-the-doors-off scent but has a subtle warmth and fragrance that is very pleasant and not over-powering.

Hope that helps - J