Need fragrance to linger body butter

clueless

My question is this. My body butters smells really nice and strong. (shea butter) But it seems that once its rubbed into the skin the fragrance doesn't linger. Is there some sort of trick to get the scent to hold even after its applied to the skin?

I'm adding around 1/8tsp to around 4oz.Sometimes maybe a little more. I'm happy with the scent in general. The butter itself smells super super strong. but it seems once it hits the skin theirs no sign of fragrance. It's rather disappointing to me. I mean how in the world can it smell so strong and then leave no scent on the skin?

Hmm.. I don't know how much 1/8 tsp measures out to in a % amount... but I like my scents strong, so I add usually 2-3% FO and get a good long lasting scent. Where did you get the FO from that it's not lasting? 2% is a little over 2ml. (2.37 to be exact. Not sure how many tsp that would be tho?)

Could you possibly have FO nose? I mean, we are all prone to putting on perfume when we can't smell it anymore but others can if we'd just ask... ( just trying to think of something it might be ). Have you given it to others to test? Can you have someone put some on, away from you, and you go back in 30 minutes around them for the first time ( and having been away from ALL fos) and see if you can smell it ?

You know I didn't even think of that! Tomorrow morning I'm going to test it out on my mamas arm and see if it lingers on her. Because I do take in a lot of different smells. I will post tomorrow and let you all you know how the test goes!

I have a terrible time when I make body butter. Once I get my percentage in, then it is fine tuning. I can smell the FO in the bottle, smell the FO in the butter but cannot smell it on my skin while I'm making the butter, however, if I apply it some time AFTER I've made the body butter I can smell it. My fear is that I will get it too strong or too light, so I have to enlist multiple opinions before I can put it in a jar!

Try sniffing strong coffee beans then smell your skin again. This will clear your nose and allow you to smell properly. Also going outside and taking in lots of fresh air then again try.