CS Pomegranate

Traveler

I find myself really liking this one. Currently testing in a paraffin wax tart. The HT throw is strong but not what I would consider killer. However, I have customers who like to have different scents burning in different rooms...they don't want their entire house to smell like just one scent. So this one could be a contender.

The problem I am having is that I don't know how true Pomegranate smells. lol!

I think I was expecting more tartness....but this one has a sweetness to it. Of course, the description does say there is a bit of vanilla in it, so that is probably what I am detecting.

Has anyone else tried this one or gotten feedback from testers/customers on this one?

Thanks!

If you're talking about the new one, I tested it in soy and thought it was too sweet on its own. Maybe as a mixer it would be good. And it would probably be really good in B&B. But for me, it was almost gaggy sweet. I didn't even finish the tester.

Personally I prefer the Pom & Sage the best but couldn't give it away. Customers just didn't buy it. This past fall and winter I have been using the Pom Cider and its selling but not a big seller. But then I mixed 50/50% with CS Macapple to make a Pom Apple Cider. It smells nice in this mix and is strong in palm.

Someone else posted about blending their with an apple cider or apple jack or mulled cider or something. I think I will try that next. I don't want to give up on pom scents yet cause I think they make a nice fall and holiday type scent.

Sorry I did not specify which one :-) - I am testing their new straight Pomegranate....not the Pomegranate Cider.

Just wasn't too sure if this is what Pomegranate should smell like since I am new to testing Pomegranate scents.

Maybe I'll try mixing it with something else like you suggest...Mac Apple or even Apple Harvest...just to see what I get. Thank you!!

@Candybee - well, now that you mention it, yes, it does seem to have more of a strawberry smell to it the longer it goes...perhaps the little bit of vanilla blending with the pomegranate creates that "sweetness" which I could not identify until you mentioned "strawberry". I hate being on the fence about an FO. Usually it's a pretty immediate Yes or No with me. Even though it is sweeter than I expected...I am having trouble disliking it, lol! Time to see how it performs in a candle. (I have not tried Peaks Pom...going off to explore some more :-)

I have about 3 pounds of the Sage and Pom from CS that my customers are mediocre about although I kind of like it. I sell more of the Green Tea and Lemongrass than the Sage and Pom for my customers who want a spa type scent. I sell enough to keep making it but I'm not sure I'll buy more FO when I'm out. I actually thought about adding a pound of the straight pom to sweeten the Sage and Pom a little. I'll have to play with it a little, I guess.

I just recently tried CS Pom Cider (1 oz sample) and it was SO SO strong I couldn't melt it in my house, and I have never had a problem with that before. A friend of mine owns a big hair salon and put that melt in her salon and she had her door open since it was oh 55 degrees in Illinois last week, and she had customer's smell it 2 blocks down the street. Just shows you how strong that baby is....however, she said she has 8-10 customer's love it and ask where she got that melt from. I am not going to purchase a bigger size of this FO unless I get a handful of request's so we will see what happens.

I just recently tried CS Pom Cider (1 oz sample) and it was SO SO strong I couldn't melt it in my house, and I have never had a problem with that before. A friend of mine owns a big hair salon and put that melt in her salon and she had her door open since it was oh 55 degrees in Illinois last week, and she had customer's smell it 2 blocks down the street. Just shows you how strong that baby is....however, she said she has 8-10 customer's love it and ask where she got that melt from. I am not going to purchase a bigger size of this FO unless I get a handful of request's so we will see what happens.

Wow! What wax & what %? :)