Looking for a great Muscadine FO

flairforlife

Flair, I dont know if you are FROM Alabama or just like the team, but Im going to assume at least that you are from the south. Here's my take on that whole "Muscadine" thing.

I've ordered from 5 different suppliers, and every single solitary one of them..smells like grape kool aid.

Being from Alabama, and having grown up with literally a quarter of a huge yard, covered with muscadine and "scupnins" (u gotta be from here to understand lol ) , none of the FOs I've tried smell anything, anywhere near what a real one smells like.

Alabaster/Community Candle's Kudzu smells just like BCN's Muscadine/Grape. And they all smell too much like grape kool aid to me ... JMO though.

Oh yes I am a southern girl, and I know what you mean. I was afraid it would be a grape/koolaid scent from most places which is a nice smell. I just wanted to maybe get close. I have a friend that really wants some candles with this scent and use to buy them somewhere and now cannot find them anywhere. And of course me up for a challenge, wants to master it and make her the perfect one! All the scent descriptions so far do say grape scent. Only one described it with more what sounds like what I'm looking for NG.

Barb, thanks for the tip. I think I'll order a bit of that and see how it goes. I've seen ur soaps (OMG) and yall being from Bama , I figure you know what one smells like LOL. I have been thinking about trying to add some of what I have, to a champagne scent and see if it tones it down.. who knows. Mad Scientist at work! Lisa, good luck!!!!

Yep, they are now Community Candle, in the same exact building and so far everything I've gotten from there, is the exact same. Don't quote me on this, but I THINK that the guy that owns it now, was one of the original people who started it, and then left Alabaster. I could be wrong on that, but they are still one and the same :)