New Paypal Alternative

soycrazy

This is one of the best paypal alternatives I have seen so far. Signed up with them a couple weeks ago it's called serve they are a subsidiary of American Express. If you sign up now you get $10 and they send you a card to use your balance anywhere that uses american express. I just used my card friday night and it's even faster than using my debit card. The only fees they charge is if you use the atm and they are not charging to fund with a credit card until June. You can refer people and get $5 if they make a transaction too! Thanks so anyone that clicks on the link :)

Also after you sign up go to http://www.playmoneymover.com and you can earn $10 more for answering a trivia question, it works, because I got mine just the other day ;)

They also have a widget for selling your products. Maybe this will give paypal a run for their money, but who knows.

Edited by soycrazy

Got up to "subsidiary of American Express" I will never EVER knowingly do business with american express again.

When my mother died we called them to let them know and that as soon as the bank released her money we would pay the bill. Their response was to immediately put it into collections and have us called by a bill collector ... and the bill wasn't due yet !

Other companies sent condolences and asked if they could help.

American Express? Have no use for them.

Got up to "subsidiary of American Express" I will never EVER knowingly do business with american express again.

When my mother died we called them to let them know and that as soon as the bank released her money we would pay the bill. Their response was to immediately put it into collections and have us called by a bill collector ... and the bill wasn't due yet !

Other companies sent condolences and asked if they could help.

American Express? Have no use for them.

Oh wow...in light of that info, I think I'll reconsider and not consider using Playmoneymover.

Thanks for the info

Edited by jeanie353
spelling

Ah darlin' , that is just my very personal feeling about a company so insensitive (and it's not like they were owed a lot either) and happened after losing our daddy just a few months earlier.

We were flabbergasted by their response, especially when other companies were giving us condolences. Now everytime American Express comes up it just sets me off ...

I'm sure any other business dealing with them would be fine, just don't die because your family won't be getting any warm and fuzzies from them...

Ah darlin' , that is just my very personal feeling about a company so insensitive (and it's not like they were owed a lot either) and happened after losing our daddy just a few months earlier.

We were flabbergasted by their response, especially when other companies were giving us condolences. Now everytime American Express comes up it just sets me off ...

I'm sure any other business dealing with them would be fine, just don't die because your family won't be getting any warm and fuzzies from them...

...the info is appreciated and gives an insight to how they act under tragic circumstances which may or may not reflect how they conduct their business in other ways. I'll just stay clear but thanks to both opinions.

I don't mean to be insensitive to the loss of your mother, etc., but your dealing with AE is simply a matter of procedure. I work with estates daily, I understand why they did that. When you inform a creditor of a death there is a time frame in which they can collect against the estate, they simply were securing their right as a creditor, and is a rather efficient way to handle the account.

I'm not defending them, just giving you a different objective.

no apology needed ... you were doing a good thing...

as for it being "good business" to put a grieving family into collections ...uhhhhh I don't think so.

American Express was the ONLY one to do this. Everyone got paid and the ones who offered condolences are companies our whole family still does business with.