New label for a special project..

A - but really neither.

I wouldn't do the product name in the same font as your logo. The logo is colorful and distinctive, but I would opt for an attractive yet more restrained black font for the product name and get some contrast. If you need 2 lines for the product name I'd suggest "moisturizing" on the first line and "body cream" on the second as it would read a little better. Finally, I'd get rid of the "by" and just put the logo above the product name instead of beneath.

Hope I didn't make you sorry you asked.

A - but really neither.

I wouldn't do the product name in the same font as your logo. The logo is colorful and distinctive, but I would opt for an attractive yet more restrained black font for the product name and get some contrast. If you need 2 lines for the product name I'd suggest "moisturizing" on the first line and "body cream" on the second as it would read a little better. Finally, I'd get rid of the "by" and just put the logo above the product name instead of beneath.

Hope I didn't make you sorry you asked.

Absolutely not! I appreciate honesty like that. I've looked at this one for so dang long that I can't be objective anymore. This particular label isn't for my main line of products..it's for a girlie little sideline and for now, it's temporary.

I neglected to mention I think the sagebrush junction logo is very nice. The rule though is that you don't ever use your logo font as a body font or anything else. Despite the saying that rules were made to be broken, it's generally a bad idea to break this one. The product name in a black font would actually eliminate monotony and make the design more interesting. Plus the heart in the logo is black and that will help tie it all together.

I neglected to mention I think the sagebrush junction logo is very nice. The rule though is that you don't ever use your logo font as a body font or anything else. Despite the saying that rules were made to be broken, it's generally a bad idea to break this one. The product name in a black font would actually eliminate monotony and make the design more interesting. Plus the heart in the logo is black and that will help tie it all together.

Got any font style ideas?

Hi

That is comic sans Right? With outline. I would stick with that font use the black idea and since it is for younger market add a pink out line to make it a contrast anwith the heart that should be stellar.

Your logo may be a ludica hand writen font same size which I estimate about about 20pnt No outline on the logo either a nice pink if dark label or black

I wouldn't do the product name in the same font as your logo. The logo is colorful and distinctive, but I would opt for an attractive yet more restrained black font for the product name and get some contrast. .

Ditto. Also, I would leave out the shadows.

Hi

That is comic sans Right? With outline. I would stick with that font use the black idea and since it is for younger market add a pink out line to make it a contrast anwith the heart that should be stellar.

Your logo may be a ludica hand writen font same size which I estimate about about 20pnt No outline on the logo either a nice pink if dark label or black

Not comic sans..it's not even close actually. But I like the ideas that you and everyone have thrown out there so far..too bad I'm at work now and can't work on it some more..but in between dipping critters tonight I'm planning to try them ALL just to see what happens :P

Got any font style ideas?

Don't quite have time to study fonts at the moment so nothing specific in mind, but here are a few general ideas about what I'd probably look for:

1 - Go with something quite distinct from the logo font and not too heavy. The font typeface has fat characters so maybe look for something a touch more delicate.

2 - Something more restrained than the logo font. You don't want 2 totally decorative fonts competing for attention. It will be more elegant and tasteful with a plainer font for the product name, which is not to say that it has to be boring.

3 - The logo is a little wide so I'd go with a slightly condensed font style for the product name. If the letters are a little more tall versus wide compared to the logo font, I think it will probably look more interesting and avoid any horizontal monotony.

Thanks Mr. Topofmurrayhill :) I'm getting anxious to work on it some more tonight~ alerted hubby to the fact that we're having leftover lasagna and not to expect me to cook anything :D I'm visualizing something new thanks to you, so hopefully I can get it on the drawing board!

I like this one much better. If you want the logo to be on the bottom, I would make it a little bit larger and the product name a little bit smaller. When you look at the label, you see the product 1st and not the logo. I like it a lot better though, you are on the right track.:)

forgot to say - I like your choice of font for the product name. It is a nice contrast to your logo.