Pouring

Well, I had a question about pouring...I tried searching but couldn't find the answer to my question...is there an easier way of pouring your candles then from the pouring pot? I'm having the issue where my pot is too full sometimes and when I start to pour my candles it runs down the side of the pot...any ideas? Thank you!

Only one solution I can think of: get another pour pot or get a larger capacity one. I only use the 2# pour pots. Anything more is too heavy for me to hold steady and I don't like to fill it up all the way for the reason you have mentioned. If the pot will be more than 3/4 full, I divide the wax between two... or three... or four... LOLOL

I use two pots. Large and small. I mix in the large pot and then pour a small amount into the small pot. I then pour into my containers from the small pot which is lighter and I have more control. I refill the smaller pot from the larger pot as needed. This has worked well for me.

We usually use coffee jugs, you know the ones that come with the drip filter coffee makers. We find them at the fight price in various thrift stores and they work very well. For some items I also use washed tin cans of the larger size which I can squeeze to form a spout. These work well also, and once used for a night of pouring get tossed and a new one used the next time. Just a couple of ideas for you to think about.

Cheers

Richard

I melt wax in a big metal pouring jug & then transfer smaller amounts into turkish coffee pots to pour into containers. I really like these, they have long handles & you can get all sorts of sizes. Mostly I use 500ml ones. They're stainless steel, so I can also use them if I want to mix up smaller amounts of coloured wax or fragrance. They're easy to clean too- always a big bonus!