I wonder if this is a trend...and why...

Bernadette

For those reading this that don't know, I sell almost exclusively on the web. In the past three months, I haven't gotten one PayPal order:shocked2:. This month has been exceedingly busy, and in checking my hidden counters, I've noticed quite a few people started processing their orders, than started over and used their credit/debit cards instead. I wonder what's going on. As a seller, I don't prefer PayPal, but I've never seen buyers not prefer it...and it's been 15 years.:confused::tiptoe:

Yeah...and I forgot to mention...I have periodically placed trial orders on my site when I see this happening, just to make sure the link to PayPal is operating correctly and it is, so it's a legitimate backout by the buyer. I must say, I'm glad too, but it happened so suddenly, I can't help but wonder....:confused:

Since Anonymous hacked paypal for refusing to take donations for wikileaks they have been seen as weak, and insecure. I took the paypal option off of my website recently partially because nobody really uses it anymore. Mostly because I am not a fan of paypal and the way their system works. I'd rather have the payments deposited every night like my current processor.

If I can choose another form of payment other than paypal, I will. I will only use paypal when that is the only form of payment they offer. I have also not ordered from site that only accept paypal because I was hacked when using paypal a few years ago.

I buy "stuff" on ebay from time to time with paypal. I've seen other sites link to paypal and link only works for a short while. If you don't get your password right, or go back shopping, or want to confirm things a second time, the link times out. Its a PITA and I can see why some folks who lose their shopping cart because of the timeout get fed up and either go away or use their credit card.

I've had this happen a few times and using the back button doesn't get the shopping cart back, the cart on most websites empties out once you go to paypal so if PP times out, go back to square one and start over or go have a beer and forget about it.

Since Anonymous hacked paypal for refusing to take donations for wikileaks they have been seen as weak, and insecure. I took the paypal option off of my website recently partially because nobody really uses it anymore. Mostly because I am not a fan of paypal and the way their system works. I'd rather have the payments deposited every night like my current processor.

Would you please tell me who your current processor is? I'm not crazy about paypal either.