3 ounces of FO per pound???

EccoLights

Got that right, humor will keep you younger and heathier; they still ask for my ID whenever I buy liquor! Humor does all kinds of great things, I tell ya; it even helps me deal with that naughty devil:laugh2::naughty:

Again a prime example of why we don't browse any of the E sites much... LOL Then again I guess it could be good therapy... they say humor is good for you, right?

I think they are either lying, not very smart, or inexperienced. Either way, I don't think they will be in business long. 3 oz per lb is not only a waste of money but will cause unsafe conditions, excessive smoke, soot etc. (unless they are just tarts)

And there is such a thing as a candle smelling too strong!! After getting my candle system down just right I've had to actually back off the normal 1oz per lb FO because after making so many candles, my family decided they don't like the "smack you in the face till your eyes water" candles. I enjoy a well burning candle with a pleasant scent. Extremely strong smelling candles can be too distracting ...instead of relaxing. IMHO

Edited by pixie

I think they are either lying, not very smart, or inexperienced. Either way, I don't think they will be in business long. 3 oz per lb is not only a waste of money but will cause unsafe conditions, excessive smoke, soot etc. (unless they are just tarts)

And there is such a thing as a candle smelling too strong!! After getting my candle system down just right I've had to actually back off the normal 1oz per lb FO because after making so many candles, my family decided they don't like the "smack you in the face till your eyes water" candles. I enjoy a well burning candle with a pleasant scent. Extremely strong smelling candles can be too distracting ...instead of relaxing. IMHO

I think she says she only does that in her melts.

I think she says she only does that in her melts.

Yes, thank you Beth. I see that now. When I originally responded, I did so after working a 12 hr shift. Sorry 'bout that, and thanks for the clarification. Even in tarts however, I fail to see how using 3oz pp is useful or practical. In fact, making such a claim makes me skeptical of the seller themself.

• 3 years later...

Oh, that's me on the site.

NOT!  LOL!

On Ecosoya's site they say "Many fragrances work in PB, especially those designed for soy wax in general.  Recommended maximum scent load is about 12%". 

Is this two ounces per pound or has my lack of math skills reared it's ugly head? LOL

Thanks!

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
Maya Angelo
u

@OldGlory RollTide, according to my math, 12% is 2 oz per lb. :biggrin:

LOL I LOVE that smiley face!  And thanks so much!  I'm mathmatically challenged!  One night I think I spent and hour trying to figure out how much my large pour pot weighted with 16 ounces of wax! :read:  I read something about taring out a scale here and my life changed forever! Just where is that adorable smiley? lol

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.~
Maya Angelou

Guest OldGlory

RollTide, the smiley face-

Do you have a generic smiley above when you are typing a response? Click on that, then look below. You should see a bunch of emoticons, then an arrow for the next set of emoticons. Scroll through all of them!

Edited by OldGlory

• 2 weeks later...