Yay, new wholesale account

Congrats on your new acct! Definitely do wholesale. I had a consignment shop go out of business on me so I lost a few candles. They did offer to let me take what I wanted from the shop to make up the difference. Fortunately it was only about 5 candles. But if your shop goes belly up it can happen to you. In this recession climate its more possible than you think. So go with wholesale!!

I vote wholesale. You receive your money up front, no issues with damaged or stolen merchandise, etc. I would rather give terms on a wholesale account than do consignment. I simply won't do consignment because it has so many sticky wicket issues involved.

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you sell a BUNCH!! :yay:

I have a question, Fran. How did the gift shop come to contact you? Had you called on them and made a presentation or word of mouth or what?

Edited by Stella1952

Word of mouth Stella! The shop owner is making changes to all hand crafted items..she asked another client who makes jewelry if she knew of any other hand made local items..the jewelry maker recommended my candles..and I don't even know her. WooHoo!

Candybee; I had not even thought of that..going out of business and taking your inventory with them? Sounds like lots of pitfalls with consignment, glad I went w/wholesale, wasn't really sure..but sounded easier to me.

Edited by franu61