Candles sitting in cold temps?

jackbenimble

Hey Guys! I wanted to get your opinion on this issue.

I am doing a craft show this Saturday and want to load my car the night before. The only problem I see is that the temperature is going to get down into the low 30's that night and might affect my candles.

Is this a problem? Do I need to worry about this? Do you guys load your candles up the night before in cold weather?

I don't want to ruin my product so any advice is appreciated:-)

Depending on the wax you use, frosting will be an issue with temps that low. I think I remember you don't use color so that may not be an issue for you. I never load

my candles to sit overnight, no matter what the temps are. I load everything else that the weather couldn't possibly affect (tables, covers, chairs, risers etc.) I have my candles, melts, warmers etc. ready to go so all I have to do is load those in the truck and go. I was always afraid that low temps might crack the candles or break the jars. Not sure if that would happen, but, just a concern I have. I'd rather be safe than sorry to unload ruined products. That would surely start your day off horribly. Hope you do well at your show!!

I load my car up the night before and go ahead and pack the candles in the trunk. I don't have any issues with my candles because they are made with palm wax. The only time I have had any problems was when I used to make parasoy candles and sometimes the wax would shrink in the jars in cold temps and pull away from the sides causing the candle to rattle in the jar. But a heat gun will take care of that.