partylite melt question

jsanger

Good morning everyone! This weekend I was at my friends house and she had a partying melt going and it was really nice and super strong so I took some home to test in my house. It is called a scent plus melt and it throws like crazy and now I am trying to figure out what they use to make these. The wax is super super hard and almost chips off. I have very high ceilings in my house and an open concept so when I can get any melt to scent up my entire first floor I am very pleased but most only last about 6 hours with good throw. I have had this 1 cube going since yesterday morning (going on over 26 hours now) and I can still smell it albeit only in the kitchen, but wow. It also doesn't't have that "wax" smell that I can detect once melts start losing potency. Anyone out there have any thoughts or idea as to what these are made of or what additives could make a wax not only throw fragrance so well but retain it for so long as well?

So partylite finally caught on to the melts? I used to be a partylite consultant many years ago because I loved their candles and was able to buy at cost selling them. I will have to check that out- sounds very interesting....sorry I dont have the answers for you but I will see if the lady I bought from after I stopped selling is still around and what I can find out

I bet they put little bits of magic in them!:laugh2:Effin Partylites...i'm just glad I don't see too much of them around my neck of the woods!They were here for a while then kinda disappeared.Maybe they made a deal with the devil in exchange for the perfect formula?!Lol!

I'm sorry,i'm not poking fun at your question,I think I just woke up silly this morning and that was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread!

Thanks for the giggle! Did you mean Elfin Partylites or just plain Effing Partylites? LOL!

I bet they put little bits of magic in them!:laugh2:Effin Partylites...i'm just glad I don't see too much of them around my neck of the woods!They were here for a while then kinda disappeared.Maybe they made a deal with the devil in exchange for the perfect formula?!Lol!

I'm sorry,i'm not poking fun at your question,I think I just woke up silly this morning and that was the first thing I thought of when I read this thread!

Well, if they are keeping the secret "recipe" at the keebler mansion I am going to have to send out a search party to hunt down that darn tree (hee hee). Thank God for laughter, its the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes in this business : )

Moonshine- whatever good Intel you can find would be much appreciated. I hate it when I find a product that I can't make myself that's just as good or better, (especially when it comes from the big fish) lol I know it's a strong fragrance but it is going on 29 hours now, on the whole time, and I can still smell it a little bit. Thanks for the help!

Well, if they are keeping the secret "recipe" at the keebler mansion I am going to have to send out a search party to hunt down that darn tree (hee hee). Thank God for laughter, its the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes in this business : )

Moonshine- whatever good Intel you can find would be much appreciated. I hate it when I find a product that I can't make myself that's just as good or better, (especially when it comes from the big fish) lol I know it's a strong fragrance but it is going on 29 hours now, on the whole time, and I can still smell it a little bit. Thanks for the help!

What is the fragrance? I have some of those Scent Plus Aroma Melts from them, but I wasn't too impressed with their throw. I have a few more yet to try, though.

I, too, used to be a consultant (from 2002-2005). They have been doing melts for years.

Tells you how long its been for me! LOL I did it 15 years ago when I was prego with my son (1996) and then I bought from another lady for a couple years after that but then went to yankee when I discovered their tarts and now I make them myself.....have not been able to get in touch with the lady I bought from so I have no information on what they are made of

I think it is called sea salt and driftwood. I really don't care for the fragrance but the throw is crazy. I haven't tried any other scents so maybe this one particular fragrance is just super strong and binds better with the wax to get it to throw so well and last so long. It's the long lasting throw that is really making me frustrated with my own tarts so that's why I am so curious about these. I use a blend of 4794 and 4786 along with fo from bc, cs, and mc. They have a really great hot throw but only for about 8-10 hours of continous melt and then they go downhill from there pretty quicky. If anyone has any suggestions that they think would help I would soooo appreciate it.

I think it is called sea salt and driftwood. I really don't care for the fragrance but the throw is crazy. I haven't tried any other scents so maybe this one particular fragrance is just super strong and binds better with the wax to get it to throw so well and last so long. It's the long lasting throw that is really making me frustrated with my own tarts so that's why I am so curious about these. I use a blend of 4794 and 4786 along with fo from bc, cs, and mc. They have a really great hot throw but only for about 8-10 hours of continous melt and then they go downhill from there pretty quicky. If anyone has any suggestions that they think would help I would soooo appreciate it.

So you won't be getting 80 hours of it? lol

Scent Plus® Melts

Enjoy 80 hours of fragrance from our most highly-scented Melts. Each tray snaps into nine Melts. Create a custom fragrance with two different Melts. Use in our ScentGlow™ or Fragrance Warmers, sold separately. Available in 35 fragrances.

I think it is called sea salt and driftwood. I really don't care for the fragrance but the throw is crazy. I haven't tried any other scents so maybe this one particular fragrance is just super strong and binds better with the wax to get it to throw so well and last so long. It's the long lasting throw that is really making me frustrated with my own tarts so that's why I am so curious about these. I use a blend of 4794 and 4786 along with fo from bc, cs, and mc. They have a really great hot throw but only for about 8-10 hours of continous melt and then they go downhill from there pretty quicky. If anyone has any suggestions that they think would help I would soooo appreciate it.[/QUOT

Oooh! That just so happens to be one of the scents I have...that and Sugar Plum Fairies and Cinnamon & Bayberry. I also had a Pumpkin one and a Halloween one, but those didn't impress me much.

Thanks for the response! :)

I would like to know what kind of wax they use too. A potential customer wants me to try and duplicate their ocean mist scent..she says the candles burn clean and clean up easily. I googled but could not find any answer as to what type of wax partylite uses..ANYBODY know?

I don't think we'll find out what type of wax they're using. I found this on the partylitemagazine.com website in answer to a question regarding their soy candles.

"Currently, our Natural Rituals Aromatherapy candles contain the highest percentage of soy. Our other tealights, votives and jar candles are formulated with a proprietary blend of ingredients that includes both paraffin and naturally produced ingredients."

I would really like to know what the consensus is as well. Just to have some sort of "measuring stick" to make sure my tarts are cutting the mustard. I am really critical of my products, always wanting to make sure that I am only putting out my very best so to have a general guideline to judge my stuff by (without having to buy ton of competetors products) would be a great asset.

Just out of curiosity, how long does everyone expect a melt to last for throw? I get far different results between my electric warmer and a small tea light burner...what is typical in soy vs. paraffin?

I have noticed a huge difference in how long they last electric vs. tealight

Mine burn way strong for less time in a tealight warmer(but mind you I sometimes put a votive under it because mine is a tall one and tealights sometimes cannot melt it)- I get maybe half a day out of it

In an electric warmer I can get 2 solid days (not on during the night) out of most scents and they are strong enough to be noticed but not overwhelming

I use a blend of 2 different soy waxs and am always wondering how to get super strong for many days out of them! just not possible I don't think

I used to burn yankees all the time and I would have to change the scent by the end of the day or 8ish hours for sure- got waxy smelling and no scent left so I dont think I am doing that bad to get a couple days out of them