New to soaps need advice on purchase

clueless

ladies, I bought this tiny little soap kit ( melt and pour from hobby lobby ) and had a lot of fun messing around with it and making little soaps. I was so proud of my first soaps that I gave them to my mama! :)

I really want to buy some melt and pour soap but haven't a clue where to get the best deals. I have been looking around and haven't had much luck. I wanted to try and make some soaps and candles for Christmas gifts this year. And I would like to purchase enough melt and pour to do this. 10lb 25lb? Please if you know a good place, with great prices and great quality let me know. Of course if you don't mind sharing. I have noticed the prices differ to extremes from place to place. But I cannot afford to spend a fortune. I just thought it would make nice Christmas gifts this year for my family and friends :) Instead of going out and buying something. I believe something handmade means so much more.

With me just starting out with soaps I would hate to spend a fortune.

ladies, I bought this tiny little soap kit ( melt and pour from hobby lobby ) and had a lot of fun messing around with it and making little soaps. I was so proud of my first soaps that I gave them to my mama! :)

I really want to buy some melt and pour soap but haven't a clue where to get the best deals. I have been looking around and haven't had much luck. I wanted to try and make some soaps and candles for Christmas gifts this year. And I would like to purchase enough melt and pour to do this. 10lb 25lb? Please if you know a good place, with great prices and great quality let me know. Of course if you don't mind sharing. I have noticed the prices differ to extremes from place to place. But I cannot afford to spend a fortune. I just thought it would make nice Christmas gifts this year for my family and friends :) Instead of going out and buying something. I believe something handmade means so much more.

With me just starting out with soaps I would hate to spend a fortune.

There are a few places you can go- I do M/P on occasion and I like the SFIC bases that are sulfate free.

I would compare prices at Elements, TKB Trading, and Brambleberry (they are usually more expensive) The last batch I bought was from elements.

Prices on Glycerin soap have gone up.

Oooh- Wisteria Lane is good too.

Just hold off a bit. You have to have 30 days in here to get access to the forums that will allow you to purchase via co-op's and classifieds. Try to be patient. I started slow in M&P with supplies I bought off the classies here; saved a ton of cash and didn't dwell in hobby store crap. Keep reading the threads, and pay attention to those who have good recipes; Candybee's are amazing and are on a Sticky. I currently use SFIC base, and love it. I do want to try EBC, and am patiently waiting for another co-op to come up to order. HTH, and good luck.

Thank you so much! I cannot wait :) I love doing all this crafty stuff. It's good for your soul!! And I love all things handmade.

I have checked out hobby shops but their prices are seem so high for so little. Again thank you!

I can't wait to really dig in!!!

With M&P the savings come with buying in bulk. But you can buy sample bases in 1-2 lb blocks if you just want to try a new base and make a few at a time. I started out buying in 2 lb blocks from C&S. They have a lot of different bases and I bought the sampler pack. But they are in PA and I am in VA so the shipping may be high to get to you in IN. Try Peaks, Elements, or Essentials by Catalina. They carry a variety of bases so you can choose what you like.