Saint Parfum charges $50 for 1 heavy based tumbler candle. Check out their scent page

I wasn't sure whether to post this under General Candlemaking, Fragrance Discussion, or the Business End. There is just so much to ponder... :laugh2:

http://www.saintparfum.com/newsinglepage.html

Their website is very classy, but this could be the basement of a little old lady who overcharges for her candles. Have you heard of them? Thoughts?

Edited to add: Uh...it just occurred to me...does Saint Parfum post on this board? :embarasse

Edited by HorsescentS

So, there ya go: overprice your candle & you'll make it in the magazines!

All that & still has typos :)

The trick seems to be in designing a web page that is all white, or black and white, maybe a little grey...oh, and stick to heavy-based Libbey tumblers...maybe use a couple of French words...or name your product an elite-sounding name, like Ralph Lauren, Jo Malone, Calvin Klein, to make people think they should have heard of you by now. :bow: It creates the illusion of exclusiveness.

This is the dude:

Spencer Krenke is well known within the luxury, progressive and innovative home-fragrance and beauty industry as a "Rebel Nose" perfumer, credited with one of the original Aromatherapy brands in the 1990's, and many of the most successful home-fragrances at the world's leading luxury retailers.

Doesn't give particulars about what exactly he created. And he does another line that's $16 and under...?? How can you justify $50 then? That's some expensive glass :)

I sure as heck hope that's a typo there, but I've got a bad feeling it isn't... "Tuberose (Concrete)- Rare Essential Oil- 80 Hour poured candle $575" !!!!! :shocked2: :rolleyes2 :laugh2:That's not the only one up there either. Jeez!

If he's marked them as "rare", wow...

Jasmin Absolute

Rare Essential Oil

80 hour poured candle $395

250mL / 8.5oz reed diffuser $575

QTY:

QTY:

This is the dude:

Spencer Krenke is well known within the luxury, progressive and innovative home-fragrance and beauty industry as a "Rebel Nose" perfumer, credited with one of the original Aromatherapy brands in the 1990's, and many of the most successful home-fragrances at the world's leading luxury retailers.

Doesn't give particulars about what exactly he created. And he does another line that's $16 and under...?? How can you justify $50 then? That's some expensive glass :)

:laugh2: He must be a fraud. Great research! :highfive:

Can we "contact" him via email bomb regarding his apparent insanity?

You really should read the "press page"...

Saint Parfum, a VOGUE editor pick for the Holidays 2nd year in a row!

http://www.saintparfum.com/saint-parfum-press.html

I just read the "press page." I wonder if he planted that article online, or if it's a real ezine. Con artist are good at planting things all over the Internet to make themselves look legit. Here's his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1352761173&sk=wall

I sure as heck hope that's a typo there, but I've got a bad feeling it isn't... "Tuberose (Concrete)- Rare Essential Oil- 80 Hour poured candle $575" !!!!! :shocked2: :rolleyes2 :laugh2:That's not the only one up there either. Jeez!

Oh my gosh! :shocked2: Look! There's a Spencer Krenke Concrete Company: http://local.yahoo.com/info-21451240-spencer-krenke-concrete-company-napa

I just read the "press page." I wonder if he planted that article online, or if it's a real ezine. Con artist are good at planting things all over the Internet to make themselves look legit. Here's his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1352761173&sk=wall

Hey if that's really him and not a google-photo, at least he's a good looking fraud? XD

Perhaps he is a blowhard... or not - I don't know the man or anything about him, so I'm not going to trash him online.

But, using absolutes and concretes for scenting candles is NOT cheap!! Can you imagine the cost of testing those? High-priced perfumes are not ALL worth the money, but some have such complex formulas and expensive ingredients, that they ARE costly. Rare essential oils can cost hundreds of dollars per OUNCE.

Then there's the website costs, packaging, distribution, etc. All that costs money if one is targeting the high-dollar crowd.

Having said that, some people THINK that the more expensive the ingredients are (or sound like they are, ie. absolutes & concretes), the better the product will be. Not necessarily. If he is using some of the more rare and delicate oils in his candles, they may very well be worth $50.

When I win the lottery, I'll test one. ;)

Edited by Stella1952

1/2 ounce of Rose Essential Oil is $388.00- If they are indeed using pure essential oils and rare ones for some, they have no choice but to be expensive

My kids watch that show Keeping up with the Karadashins and I saw part of the one about the Kim and Kris Wedding and they were in a store picking out their own blend of Fragrance for their wedding candles- I wonder if this was the company

This is definitely a company that targets people who can spend alot of money- It got me intrigued enough to want to buy one and see for myself what they are like but 50.00 will buy me enough supplies to make a dozen or more candles of my own...with plain old FO

I didnt see where or if they stated what type of wax they use- soy or paraffin or a blend....