Best Magnolia?

classiccandle

• 1 month later...

Moonshine, did you like the ample that you received? I have been having a hard time finding a true Magnolia oil. I have a whole unused 4 oz bottle of Peak's Magnolia. It is a lovely scent, but does not smell like true Magnolia to me. Also, people have stated to me that the Magnolia from Oregon Trails smells too fruity, so I really need a new one.

Has anyone tried the Magnolia from Sweet Cakes?

Edited by Noodle

Moonshine, did you like the ample that you received? I have been having a hard time finding a true Magnolia oil. I have a whole unused 4 oz bottle of Peak's Magnolia. It is a lovely scent, but does not smell like true Magnolia to me. Also, people have stated to me that the Magnolia from Oregon Trails smells too fruity, so I really need a new one.

Hi Noodle-

I have not got this in wax yet but OOB it smells great- I am not a floral person at all and I do not know what true magnolia smells like but this is very nice and the description says its a true magnolia scent- not like the fakes ones...if that helps any

Sharon, I have the one from Just Scents. It is very nice, but not exactly true according to diehard customers. It is one of the closest that I have found though. Magnolia is a scent that I must have "true". I sell to a big festival of magnolias. It is a very big bulk sale for me. I have been told that it is "almost" perfect- the best they have smelled ever. All that I hear is "almost". I don't like almost. I want it dead on. THANKS so much for your offer to send me a sniffy. I appreciate it.

You mentioned the 4 oz bottle is "unused," so I'm just wondering if you made candles with it from another bottle? What kind of wax? Or, is it just the OOB scent that doesn't smell like true Magnolia?

You mentioned the 4 oz bottle is "unused," so I'm just wondering if you made candles with it from another bottle? What kind of wax? Or, is it just the OOB scent that doesn't smell like true Magnolia?

I don't make candles. I make soap and body products. A while back, I purchased a 4 oz magnolia fragrance oil from Peaks. I just smelled it out of bottle. It is too "powdery" for my taste, but it is a very nice scent. I planned to soap it, but I smelled a sample of it soaped first. Someone here was kind enough to send me a soap sliver. The scent is a very nice floral, but still did not smell like magnolia to me.

• 4 months later...

I am always leary of "type" scents. I worry that they have a body shop's twist on it. THANKS for the info though. I think this may be a forever project. So far, I am sure that the slight citrus note that was mentioned in this thread is lemony, kind of gardenia-like in nature. I just wish I could bottle the actual magnolia blossom.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this posting to see if anyone has anymore to add about which supplier has the best "true to life" Magnolia FO. Someone mentioned AH/RE. I use them as one of my suppliers. Has anyone put that in wax before? Has does it smell? If not that supplier any help is appreciated! Thanks! ;-)