Cleaning pour pot..........

I know this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it. I'm having trouble getting all the scent out. I now have coconut lime verbena with a side order of pink sugar..... and now I can't get blue spruce out & I wanna pour something! lol. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of soaking it in vinegar now.

Heat it up good with your heat gun and wipe it down again with paper towels - if you're still getting smell (that usually works for me, there was traces of scented wax somewhere) then spray some Goo Gone on a paper towel and wipe it down with that - it'll get every last bit out.

Heat it up good with your heat gun and wipe it down again with paper towels - if you're still getting smell (that usually works for me, there was traces of scented wax somewhere) then spray some Goo Gone on a paper towel and wipe it down with that - it'll get every last bit out.

I did heat it up to wipe it; that Ecosoya PB hardens quick, lol. I'll try the Goo Gone. Thanks

Or wet wipes. I use a double boiler method with my pour pots, clean them out good first with the paper towels, then with wet wipes, let them sit a bit in the heated bath of that double boiler. Always works well for me.

did that too. Usually I don't have a problem, but it's just a couple FOs that won't go away! :(

Warm it up, wipe it out and move on. If a tiny amount of fragrance lingers it will not be noticeable in the new product.

Yep, I agree with Stella, clean up, whether soy or paraffin is not hard at all; takes no more than a couple of paper towels and I'm good to go again.

unintentional splash

The tiny amount of scent remaining after heating the pour pot then thoroughly wiping it out with paper towels doesn't even "tint" the smell of unscented candles poured next. I don't use "baby wipes." I have never washed a pour pot. The only conclusion I can come to is that you did not clean the pour pot well or the candle picked up the scent from another source.

Being able to smell the last scent in your pour pot only means you may have a 10th of a gram of scented wax still in there. That small amount of wax will be completely overpowered by your next scent and will not change the new fragrance's scent one bit. I think your worrying for nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad i found this thread. I just made Christmas Cabin from NG and there's a strong cinnamonish smell left in the pot. I'm trying to make a bunch of little 6oz wickless tins and wanted to go onto the next one, but was afraid to with this leftover scent! I think from now on since I'm making small batches I'll pour the wax in a glass measuring cup and add the FO to that. Ohhhh... my B&B is soo much easier than playing with wax! LOL

Same with most here, we wipe ours down with paper towels after a batch and just go on. Deep cleaning comes every few months. That small amount of wax doesn't effect the next batch IMO, the only down side is color... I have a batch of Magnolia (normally white) that has a slight tint of pink LOL