Wohoo my first tarts smell!!

clueless

Okay so I figured since I had 7 tarts that I could spare to melt just 1 to see if they smell and have a good scent throw. I just made these a few nights ago and they are my first ever. I used 415soy and Fruit Loop FO.

Let me tell you.....I have this tart on the warmer maybe 15 minutes and my whole Living Room smells just like Fruit loops!!!!

Soooo doggone happy right now. Just had to share :)

Haha I did!! I'm so thrilled. They smell so yummy!

I did make a tiny little votive with left over wax ( not even enough to fill to top of mold )...and went ahead and lit that. But I think I jumped the gun on that one because it didn't smell strong.

But oh well!! My tart smells good enough to eat while melting on the warmer!

Thank you all!!!!

The 415 worked out so perfectly for me. Not soft at all. Just simply perfect! I was nervous going in and using the 415 for tarts because I had been told that it would be too soft. But luckily I tried it out anyway and just turned out wonderful.

I added a tsp of stearic acid and 1 oz of my FO.

I was nervous going in and using the 415 for tarts because I had been told that it would be too soft. But luckily I tried it out anyway and just turned out wonderful. I added a tsp of stearic acid and 1 oz of my FO.

Stearic acid will harden the wax somewhat. And it's not summer anymore. I make tarts from C3 which is almost as soft as 415, but I don't expect them to hold up in warm temps - and they don't disappoint me! :laugh2:

Glad they turned out well for you!! :yay::yay::yay:

Stearic acid will harden the wax somewhat. And it's not summer anymore. I make tarts from C3 which is almost as soft as 415, but I don't expect them to hold up in warm temps - and they don't disappoint me! :laugh2:

Glad they turned out well for you!! :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks Stella!!

What soy is best to use for tart making in warmer temps so that they do hold up well?

I think the tart folks have posted a lot of recommendations in the threads here you can sort through over the winter!

yeah I've been reading them... it is enough to make you dizzy!

I purchased Joy wax on a post that someone did for tarts. Totally on impulse. Didn't look into it more before i clicked BUY.

I had read so much that day that I thought they had said Joy wax for tarts... but they didn't. Now i have 50lbs of Joy to play with.... :)

Clueless, as you have undoubtedly discovered, Joywax is not for tarts, it's way too soft. I also use GB415 for tarts but add a bit of paraffin to improve the look. On its own, it is my opinion that 415 has great HT, but in time it will look dry and brittle; the paraffin helps with that and also increases the HT. Have fun!

Yay!! Thanks so much for all responses. I have been reading about that Eco pb. I do want to try some of that because I'm certain I will just love making these tarts. They are fun and easy and a joy to melt!!! I melted the fruit loop tart all day yesterday!!! And I was in such a good mood because my house smelled yummy.

I never thought of adding little bits of paraffin wax to the soy to harden them. I may try that. It wouldn't need to be much at all I'm sure.

I can't say how long they need to cure before testing because I jumped the gun on my fruit loop tarts. I made them 2 days ago and melted one yesterday!! I had 7 so I figured I wasn't hurting anything at all. The smell was so strong.

little bits of paraffin wax to the soy to harden them

That completely depends on the kind of paraffin wax. All paraffin was is NOT the same.

I can't say how long they need to cure before testing

They should cure as long as any wax product of that type/brand is cured. Some types are ready after 48 hours; other types need a longer cure. It depends. You do what is best practice for the wax you are using.