The Saga Continues....

Bernadette

I received an informational flyer in yesterday's mail from The CandleMakers Store. In it, they state that from April, 2010 through July 22, 2011 the CandleMakers Store supplied all the products for and dropshipped ALL of the orders for Midwest Candle Supply, Creative Illuminations and Brighter Scents. They went on to say that they shipped the order within 24 hours of receipt of the orders, but normally were sent the orders one to two weeks after the orders were received by Midwest Candle Supply, Creative Illuminations and Brighter Scents.

I was flabbergasted!:shocked2: I have dealt directly with the CandleMakers Store directly and have nothing but praise for them. They are always responsive, and have called me back in a very timely manner when I've had to leave a message. I also get several email notifications concerning what stage my order is in. The biggest plus is their prices for the products I purchase are very competitive.

I've used two of the three suppliers they mentioned as recently as 3 years ago, and felt it was a crap shoot as to when if ever I would receive them, plus they were more expensive.

I know many on here have complained about these 3 suppliers, and now that Midwest Candle Supply has once again secretly changed their name to escape their F BBB rating, thought you would like to know that you can still purchase their products from the CandleMakers Store at a more competitive price with great service to boot.:tiptoe:

I knew it! I posted a few months ago that I thought there was a connection because there were quite a few very unique scent NAMES that were carried by both The Candlemakers Store and Brighter Scents, et al. Too many to be a coincidence. I'm also pretty sure that Brighter Scents, et al, used the B grade from The Candlemakers Store.

I heard something awhile back about a possible connection with The Candle Makers Store and the others but didn't think too much about it b/c I've had nothing but excellent service from TCS. So this is a surprise......yet what it seems to be is that TCS does ship promptly, has taken over orders for the other supplier(s) but they are not getting the orders to TCS for one to two weeks.

I've never ordered TCS Grade B fragrances. I had years back ordered fragrances from Brighter Scents and remember I was not impressed. Just in case they were using TCS Grade B oils, I will be sure never to order them down the road. I will order the grade A if I see something interesting....although it is hard to tell what is interesting since there are no descriptions.....but the few I have ordered were not too bad.

Edited by jeanie353

I heard something awhile back about a possible connection with The Candle Makers Store and the others but didn't think too much about it b/c I've had nothing but excellent service from TCS. So this is a surprise......yet what it seems to be is that TCS does ship promptly, has taken over orders for the other supplier(s) but they are not getting the orders to TCS for one to two weeks.

I've never ordered TCS Grade B fragrances. I had years back ordered fragrances from Brighter Scents and remember I was not impressed. Just in case they were using TCS Grade B oils, I will be sure never to order them down the road. I will order the grade A if I see something interesting....although it is hard to tell what is interesting since there are no descriptions.....but the few I have ordered were not too bad.

Who are you talking about? TCS is commonly known as Tennessee Candle Supply.

WOW I asked them if they were connected with Creative,etc and they told me NO!!!

If you asked them if they were connected, Cathy, I can understand why they might have said no. If they had a dropship relationship with these companies, their agreement might have kept them from revealing that. Just a thought.:tiptoe:

She's referring to The Candlemakers Store.

I remember the posts about there being a connection between the two and someone posting they asked and were told no. I can see why they wouldn't want to be publicly connected to them. Bernadette has a good point, they may not have been able to reveal the dropship relationship.

The entire post is about The Candlemakers Store and who they dropship for. Initially I spelled it out, after I used TCS.

TCS is used for Tennessee Candle Supply, The Candlemakers Store, The Candle Source....that is all the comes to mind at the moment.

Edited by jeanie353

The Candlemakers Store states on their website that, as an oil manufacturer, their FOs are offered by other suppliers. Not all suppliers identify their sources so the fact that the relationship wasn't "in your face" isn't that odd.

As for the B grade FO, I consistently use the B grade oils from The Candlemakers Store with great results. There is an in depth explanation on the site as to why an oil is given a B Grade. I prefer them because 1 oz per pound works well with B grade. A grade, being more concentrated, requires tweaking oz of FO per pound of wax. I don't want to fiddle with that. But that's just me.

I never had a problems with The Candlemaker, their oils are very good and strong in wax, they don't work for me in soy. However I no longer order from Creative Illuminations or what they call themselves these days. Their oils used to be very good a few years back but my last order over a year ago took 2 weeks and their oils were weak...and their prices are crazy.