Baby Shower favors

moon01945

Hi!

I wanted to see what you guys thought. I am doing my own baby shower favors. Where I do soaping I wanted to do something to help the shower planning that meant a lot to me.

My idea is to do a batch of CP soap in fresh powder. I am going to do a white and blue swirl type soap. I was planning on cutting them at about 2 oz bars and wrapping in fancy plastic once they are cured. And I was going to do melt and pour snow flakes in just white or baby blue. Those also at like 2 oz so everyone gets a total of 4 oz. ( I am having a boy) The shower theme is snow baby because he is due January 17th. I will have the snowflake wrapped in clear.

I was going to put them both in bags with blue and white ribbon and "Its a boy" tags or something like that. I can't decide if I should change the sent on the snow flakes or keep it the same. it is melt and pour so i have some time to think.

I also make body butters and other products so i didn't know if I should do other stuff instead of 2 bars of soap.

Feedback??

What I did for baby shower favors (for my family members who were having babies) is I made a 2 oz bar of CP soap, wrapped with pretty baby paper & a ribbon around it with a matching 1 oz bottle of hand and body lotion then packed those in an organza bag!

I did a shower for someone one time. I did a round soap, blue and white swirls, scented Sweet Pea. She also wanted lip balms, we did Spearmint since most people like that flavor. I was told the soaps and lip balms were a big hit.

If you don't make lip balms, you could get some pretty, small containers and make some Lavender massage oil. Super easy, looks great. Most people do some type of massage, or get them these days.

Sounds like a wonderful idea. We just had a baby shower for our daughter last week and I made batches of Baby Powder Scented Hp Soap. We used small mini loaf molds and cut each one in 2"x1 1/2" soaps, wrapped in baby wrapping paper. We then poured tealights in baby powder scent. We used white organza bags, put the soap in the bottom of the bag and sat the tealight on top. We put a hang tag on the bags that said "Thank you for coming to my baby shower" and then on the other side we listed what was inside. Everybody loved the idea they were handmade and so much work was put into showing our appreciation for their being there. No matter what you do, your guests will love it! Oh...for the game winners, we poured a variety of candle scents in jelly jars and put these in small gifts bags that fit the jars perfectly!

Edited by lovemylabs
added and adjusted the info on the hang tag

ahhh game winners! I totally forgot about those. I will have to think about those. :)

I have already poured blue and white CP fresh powder soap. They are curing and look great. I was also going to wrap them in baby boy gift wrap and put them in organza bags but I wanted a little something else with them. I think I am going to go with the lip balm. They are easy to make and I have all the supplies. Also if they don't use it themselves they can easilly give it away to someone that would.

Thanks for the ideas and listening :)

• 1 month later...

Soooo I ended up doing white and blue CP soap. Full bars. And placing them in satin blue and white bags.

I think they are cute.

I don't have a pic of the soap itself. I am at work and will have to post it later.

But each one is wrapped in plastic and has a sticker thank you note.

post-11717-139458488227_thumb.jpg