Just wanted to share my excitement - -

Whisper Girl

Sam and Kennas Mom - First, you have to understand that rejection is part of being successful. That can't hurt you. So they say no, that may just mean no for now. A no just means that you continue to call n them showing them new items when you go in. I always hit the door with a great candle and a business candle in one hand and pulling a professional case of my candles with the other. I try to look quickly at what the store is carrying and what I can offer them that they do not have. I introduce myself, hand them my card and let them see and small the candle I have in my hand. Remember if they say no just let them know that you will stop back by in about 30'days just to see how they are doing. Then be sure to come back. They more they see you, the more likely they are to buy.

I do not write a contract. I do write up an order for them to sign. I do not set minimums but suggest numbers depending on their store. For instance, a large store with high traffic needs night quantities, but a smaller store just can't handle large quantities so I work with them on their order. I want the opportunity to be in their store. I want people to see Whispering Gardens Candles. By working with them, it becomes a win win for both of us. Price is based on cost. The trickmis to get your cost down low enough to that you can double your cost and the retailer can double their cost but still have the final retail price be reasonable. Sometimes this is difficult to do. For instance, if your cost to make a candle is $2.00 then I need to wholesale it at $4.00. The retailer then need to be able to retail it at $8.00. Now it that an $8.00 candle or is it really a $6.00 candle? If people won't pay $8.00 for that candle, then you need to start over before you make that retail call. You must have your numbers in line before you try to wholesale your candles

Whisper Girl

I have 1 more question, do you do special labeling for your wholesale accts, or just use your regular label with your phone number on it?

I do appreciate all your help, I am waiting back from someone that asked me if I would sell wholesale to them.

Thanks again,

Tammy

Congrats Whisper Girl! I'm about to start cold calling myself in order to secure my first wholesale account. Two questions if you don't mind. Do you find it easier to cold call in person first or cold call them on the phone and set an appointment? The second question is a little off topic but pertains to you. What shopping cart do you use on your website?

I use my regular label, but it only has my webpage info under my logo. So far this has not been an issue. To Classic, I make my cold calls in person. If you try to make an appoint by phone, it is just too easy for the customer to say no. If I go in person, I may have to make an appointment with them for another time, but I have had the opportunity to talk to them, show them at least one of my candles and then make an appointment to go over my whole line. Face to face is more personal. As far as my cart, I had someone create my webpage for me so I can't say for sure. Sorry.