Why do you love your wax???

The price of my wax has gone up and I need to switch :angry2:

The company I use has raised their price again and using them is no longer cost effective. We are going into season now and I need to start testing the new wax before I will sell anything. I do have a stock of tested candles so there is no super rush at this time.

My question to everyone is what type of wax do you use and why you love it.

I use Ecosoya PB for my pillars - Still in Testing Phase. I like this wax so far except for frosting.

I use Crafters Choice SP for my containers. I like this wax because it has a smooth, creamy appearance and excellent cold & hot scent throw. Tops are smooth and if any problems they can be fixed with a heat gun. The bad side is wet spots and now cost!

Thanks for all of your information! I am addicted to candle making and this forum. I will be making votives and pillars tonight :yay: I can't wait !!

Bill

It looks like the wax you want to replace is a parasoy blend, they only beast in that category I have tried is 6006 which I don't like, so I guess I am not much help. Do you have an idea as to the ratio of paraffin to soy in the blend you are using? I know some people blend 85% 6006 with 15% soy (final ratio of 50/50) and seem happy with it. You may also consider making your own blend as that will give you greater flexibility and less at the mercy of a single supplier. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, and to your post's title question, I don't have a wax I love yet but I keep hunting.

Edited by rjdaines

I "love" my wax for the same reason I "love" my pick-up truck - it's dependable and I am accustomed to how it works. I know what to expect from it. Might have to replace the truck and the wax one day. If I do, I'll set about making best friends with their replacements and, in time, will grow to "love" them, too.