Cinnamon Buns

ksranch

oh, they do look nice, but I know what you mean about grubbing the outside. They look a little too smooth to be hand rolled cinnamon buns! It also looks like you rolled them a little too even. I know when I make mine (and maybe it's from the dough rising) the center is always a little higher than the outside.

Thanks guys - I think I'll try it again and improve the outside.. if anyone has pics of their handrolled ones, would love to see them!

You did a good job! I use to make these and sell them by the tons back in the day. I will try and find a picture. :)

One thing I do that I never saw on instructions was to cut the strips at a slight slant and start rolling from the widest edge of the strip. That makes them a little taller in the middle. I also sprinkle the top of the wax lightly with cinnamon before it sets up and most of it sinks to the bottom. Then when it is rolled it has specks in the outside of the roll that makes it look more realistic to me.

HTH, Jane

post-327-13945848593_thumb.jpg

I think yours would look better if your tops didnt show where you cut the strips of wax. I poured mine thin then folded them in half long ways then rolled them. The roll part is on top and what you see so

no flat tops. The bottom of mine looked like the top of yours. A little powered brown dye and a heat gun, then some clear wax for glaze. Been maybe 8 years since I made them and never made them to sell just

to play around and see how close to real I could make them.

Bruce

Thanks for the suggestions - I tried the angle cut and that definately made the bottoms easier to 'finish'. I'll try pouring a thinner batch and folding over next - just gotta find the "one" that works best for me! Appreciate your tips, would love to see more pics! TY

What kind of wax is used that you can roll? Is this a kit with instructions? TIA

I use pariffin - but I would have to assume soy can be rolled too. I just pour it out in a cookie sheet (the kinds with sides) and wait for it to set enough to be 'sturdy' but still pliable - then cut and roll.