ISO Tin coffee mugs with lids

• 1 month later...
Mindy,

Are they colored like red? Is it like a camp mug with speckles in it? Need some more information.

Trappeur

At my local Tractor Supply they have a very cute and strong-smelling display of soy candles in colored speckled enamel mugs: 4 oz for $3.99, 8 oz for $7.99, and 15 oz for $12.95. The mugs come in red, brown, blue, and green. They are very very appealing, and the clerk said they sell out fast and they can't keep them in stock. They're shrink-wrapped with a big sniffy hole and the stink up the entire store. They're from Swan Candles, and they also have the ones made in the small cast-iron skillet, which the clerk said are very, very popular too.

So, does anybody know where we can buy the colored speckled mugs for making candles in? I like the white ones you showed us, Trappeur, but I'd love to find colored ones too.

Edited by HorsescentS

I've been trying to find those little cast iron skillets - but can't find any that don't cost a fortune - how much were they selling those for??

I just called Tractor Supply and the skillet candles are $12.99. People like the idea that you can use the mugs and skillets for food after the candle is used up. Here's the web page that shows them all. http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&error1=&ip_text=candle&ip_textHH=candle&ip_requestUri=TopCategoriesDisplay&ip_categoryId=&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=20 The ceramic bird ones are very cute too!

They're all cream colored wax and they have fake wax pecan halves that look real on the tops of the candles, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a splash of buttery color. They're a big hit for sure!

The clerk said she was disappointed with the Paula Dean candles they also carry because they're not strong enough.

I've been searching too, can't find anything.. Would love to though. If I do find them I'll keep you updated. I remember seeing the iron skillets from somewhere and I think they were decently priced, gonna have to look for the site. Will post it when I find it.

I've been searching too, can't find anything.. Would love to though. If I do find them I'll keep you updated. I remember seeing the iron skillets from somewhere and I think they were decently priced, gonna have to look for the site. Will post it when I find it.

Walmart has cast iron skillets, and so does an old-fashioned type hardware store near me, but I can't remember the price. I tried Googling for the enamel stuff, but no luck.

I just called Tractor Supply and the skillet candles are $12.99. People like the idea that you can use the mugs and skillets for food after the candle is used up.

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that we should never use the containers for food after they have had fragrance oil in them?

I just called Tractor Supply and the skillet candles are $12.99. People like the idea that you can use the mugs and skillets for food after the candle is used up.

I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that we should never use the containers for food after they have had fragrance oil in them?

LOL You're probably right about that. But, these are soy candles and they say on the labels and/or the display that you can collect the mugs and use them after the candle is gone. I know that FO will eat right through plastic, and it's great for cleaning candle die off of things, but I don't know if it can eat into enamel and iron and permanently contaminate it.

I asked Aztec on their facebook page if they were going to restock the white enamel mugs and they aren't

Rats! I thought I saw those on Fillmore Containers or one of the big jar suppliers. In fact, I seem to remember a container supplier that had a lot of colored speckled enamel mason jar lids with holes in them for making soap and lotion pumpers. I can't remember how I got to that page now.

Edited by HorsescentS

Well Aztec said that they wont be ordering any until they can find a supplier that they can order less than a container from a manufactuer.

I know that candlewarmers.com has the skillets but I know I found them somewhere else, going to have to go through my favorites today on the computer because I went through every stinkin candle supplier site on here and couldn't find them other than at the above.