BCN Shipping Pricing..OMG!

I work for BC, did you just get the cart estimate or was that the total on an actual order? I just got four boxes, I am in MN less than 100 miles away and mine cost $87 shipping. It was two cases of wax and two other boxes that weighed a lot. I think the order weight was around 180.

Shipping has went up in the last months due to the fuel increases. What I ship out is costing more. I am shocked at $14 a case unless you had over 200# total and got the hundred weight discount. I want to say shipping a single case to me is around $20-25 and has been for years.

I would call the office Monday and speak with Ladonna to see if that is the right amount and maybe why the last one was so much less. 877-635-8929 ext. 1

Shipping has ALWAYS gagged me since I don't have a local supplier for what I generally use. It's no help if the case price is higher but the shipping is less if the whole thing balances out to something outrageous... When one calculates time, wear & tear on vehicle, gas cost, etc., sometimes driving to pick it up does not outweigh the shipping coast unless it's within a 1-2 hour range. :undecided

Cajun Candle Supply close to where you live? I think they sell the C-3.

Yep, Cajun's in LA, but not so close to drive there (~3 hours & 130 miles one way - costs as much in gas to drive there as the shipping) but they stopped carrying C3 a year or so ago... they jumped on the GB & EcoSoya bandwagons... Closest distributor to me now is Lone Star up near Dallas...

That's too bad. I checked Bitter Creek South in Stafford, TX, but they don't carry it either.

Fortunately, Lone Star, AAA, and Southwest Candle Supply are the closest to where I live, good shipping rates; but I think Lone Star is the only place to get the C3 in this area.

Yep, Cajun's in LA, but not so close to drive there (~3 hours & 130 miles one way - costs as much in gas to drive there as the shipping) but they stopped carrying C3 a year or so ago... they jumped on the GB & EcoSoya bandwagons... Closest distributor to me now is Lone Star up near Dallas...

260 miles round trip should be about $100 with reasonable gas mileage. If you 100 lbs of wax, I can't see how it would not work out. Or buy 500 lbs! :)

It takes me a full tank of gas to drive 4 hrs out to Quakertown, PA to Candles and Supplies. Thats $50-60 to fill the tank. The milege is 232 miles one way or 465 miles round trip. I do it a couple times a year. Just prepare myself for an 8 hr day trip. It saves me a lot in shipping when I do. I buy my wax and my M&P supplies there. I stop at Fillmore in Lancaster on the way back to pick up my glassware.

So check again-- may not be $100 to make that trip to Cajun.

Actually just checked. Milege round trip to C&S & FMC is 493 miles round trip. As I said I do it on 1 full tank of gas at $50-60.

Edited by Candybee

It takes me a full tank of gas to drive 4 hrs out to Quakertown, PA to Candles and Supplies. Thats $50-60 to fill the tank. The milege is 232 miles one way or 465 miles round trip. I do it a couple times a year. Just prepare myself for an 8 hr day trip. It saves me a lot in shipping when I do. I buy my wax and my M&P supplies there. I stop at Fillmore in Lancaster on the way back to pick up my glassware.

So check again-- may not be $100 to make that trip to Cajun.

Actually just checked. Milege round trip to C&S & FMC is 493 miles round trip. As I said I do it on 1 full tank of gas at $50-60.

I agree, its always worth it to drive and stock up when you can, I did it in Texas years ago when I shopped at Sissie's (now BCS) Now its Peaks, just load up that vehicle when you get there. Shipping costs suck and I cant stand to pay them.

Hi

I recently bought 2 cases of wax from BCN, shipping the last time I ordered ( About 6-7months ago) was $14 per case. This time was $27 per case. I live about 4-5 hours away. Wow, I figured it had gone up but I sure wasn't thinking it would be this much. Any thoughts?

Hugs

Michele

Im about 3 hours away from BCN - have thinking of driving instead of paying shipping cost!