Has anyone tried straight IGI6006 or 444 for tarts?

flowerbaby

I'd say if it pops out of the clamshell neatly, so what if it's a container wax. I know someone local who sells thousands of clamshells using straight 6006.

Don't know how she does it because it did.not.work for me. TOO SOFT. So I ordered some tart wax and am mixing 75/25 to use up the cases of 6006 I have just sitting. Now that IS working well.

I also watched the Candle Science video using 6006 for tarts but it did not work for me. Shoot , the wax in the box is soft. Maybe I have an older version of 6006 and the new is hard. Who knows but I don't think melting and adding FO would make it hard enough to pop out of a clamshell. My clamshell tarts were just as soft as the original wax until I froze it. Then they popped right out.

• 5 months later...

So glad I found this thread. I too stupidly bought the 6006 from CandleScience and was so upset. What a waste. I clearance them on my etsy site and people had no problem knowing to freeze for a couple minutes to get theirs out. But it's not a product I want to continue to sell. I emailed CS and they said too there's came out beautifully? Maybe their wax was labeled wrong.

So does anyone have a good suggestion on a clamshell blend? I like the PB but it is very brittle and doesn't last long with scent.

So glad I found this thread. I too stupidly bought the 6006 from CandleScience and was so upset. What a waste. I clearance them on my etsy site and people had no problem knowing to freeze for a couple minutes to get theirs out. But it's not a product I want to continue to sell. I emailed CS and they said too there's came out beautifully? Maybe their wax was labeled wrong.

So does anyone have a good suggestion on a clamshell blend? I like the PB but it is very brittle and doesn't last long with scent.

That's interesting. I would think 6006 would pop out of the clamshells easily because when I've made candles with it, it eventually turns into a hard lump of playdoh that pulls away from the sides of the jar no matter what I do.