packaging

What I am asking is should I individually shrink wrap each votive? And If I did....then obviously I would need the label that says "remove packaging", but if most of you do not wrap your candles individually in shrink wrap, then I need to find labels that do not say to do so.....

We shrink wrap the votives also. We don't put a label on it that says to remove packaging though.

Maybe OP is thinking of a warning label? All warning labels should state that all packaging needs to be removed. All labels/packaging are fire hazards (except jar labels, etc...)

On our shrink wrapped votives, we stick a warning label on the bottom. Hate hate hate having to shrink wrap them, but they are easily dinged... Considering selling them in a box of 4 with no shrink...

I shrink wrap my votives - the warning label goes on the bottom of the candle and my product label goes on the top of the wrapped candle. I don't like shrink wrapping, but as others have said, it affords some protection against dings and it also helps hold in the fragrance and prevent the fragrances from mixing together in a big box of votives! The shrink wrap will help the candle resist absorbing fragrance from its box mates. HTH

But honestly, first learn how to make a good votive - then worry about packaging!

• 2 weeks later...