Has anyone tried these carts?

brown5052

My current host is no longer going to store credit card numbers for off-line processing. I don't want to get anything like authorize.net (credit card merchant), because they cost so much and ProPay is inexpensive and easy to use. I already have PayPal and Google, but I still have a lot of customers that just want to use their credit card without going threw PP or Google. I've been searching around and found two carts that I could purchase, CS Cart and Pinnacle Cart. Has anyone tried these carts? What's your opinion?

TIA

Kimberly:confused::confused:

How are your computer skills? Zen Cart is free if you are able to do the work to set it up. If not, I've used these folks for years. They built my current 2 stores, and several previous.

http://pro-webs.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

Up and running store for 1350. You just add your product. (easy) Your hosting or theirs. Melanie and Jack, the owners, provide an awesome service, and yes, you can actually call them on the phone! A rarity these days.I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Tom

SnuffGear.com

KannaSnuff.com

The latest version of Zen has removed the offline module for security reasons. You 'could' still install it from a prior version, but that circumvents the whole issue. I'm kind of stuck in the same boat. I'm a Zenner and have to select a new credit card processing system. Don't want to pay PayPal's high rates at all...

You might also check out OpenCart. http://www.opencart.com/ There have been a few glitches in the past, but seems to be very stable so far. It's pretty useful. Opensource though. I don't have a problem with that, but some people do. But it's free and it's easy to work with. At the very least, it's another option.

The latest version of Zen has removed the offline module for security reasons. You 'could' still install it from a prior version, but that circumvents the whole issue. I'm kind of stuck in the same boat. I'm a Zenner and have to select a new credit card processing system. Don't want to pay PayPal's high rates at all...

I process all my cc's manually. I do not, and have never used, a 'gateway' for cc orders. VERY secure, and no customer data is transmitted over the internet. I've had Oscommerce or Zen for the last 15 years and have not had one issue.

I process all my cc's manually. I do not, and have never used, a 'gateway' for cc orders. VERY secure, and no customer data is transmitted over the internet. I've had Oscommerce or Zen for the last 15 years and have not had one issue.

I process mine manually too. How are you collecting the cc info? The issue that concerns Zen is the relatively easy way to tie together the broken pieces of cc info that it stores and the email that sends the middle digits. It doesn't really pass security tests.

I process mine manually too. How are you collecting the cc info? The issue that concerns Zen is the relatively easy way to tie together the broken pieces of cc info that it stores and the email that sends the middle digits. It doesn't really pass security tests.

It doesn't store the middle digits. Strips them immediately. They are not in the db at all.

I recently changed processors and they had no problem with my Zen Cart. (First Data)

Edited by Snuff Gear

I understand that, though Zen still purposefully eliminated that module from their latest release because the middle digits are passed to an email account that is identified within the Zen setup files. It doesn't take a hacker more than 3 seconds to find that email address and have blind copies of the middle digits sent to their own account. It's then a matter of tying the two pieces of info together to start illegally using the customer's card. it's not secure at all. It does not pass the latest security requirements. You could argue that purchasing a security certificate will help, but it's not in essence secure.

Actually, an SSL is quite secure. What's not as secure, is your admin/db. There are a number of steps you can take that will make access very difficult.

Almost anything is hackable. To my way of thinking, it's a matter of risk versus reward. (as far as a hacker is concerned) If your smart enough to do the hack, you are probably smart enough to look for bigger fish. IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...