Thank you

Just wanted to thank this forum which was an amazing help a year ago when I set up my new candle range! I hope I can help answer lots of questions as my journey was long and very interesting! I hope you could like my Facebook page if you like the end results! I make all candles myself and now have stockists in London! Natural scented candles

Thanks, Anu Green

Glad you found help on this forum. Your candles are lovely but there is nothing "natural" about:

1) a candle

2) soy wax

3) candle dyes - isn't that a colored candle on your front page?

That's a pretty good-sized flame on a couple of your travel tins...

Are you looking to self-promote (ie. link here & Facebook "like" request) or are you really wanting to help others?

Edited by Stella1952

Hi, Thank you for the nice comments and the sceptical ones! I really did find help on this forum and would like to point out that we create natural scented candles! We don't use candle dyes, in-fact we only use the highest quality essential oils and wax which is why are candles are a premium product. Of course it is nice to self publicise but I would be mad to start trying to market my products on this forum (primarily USA audience) to the USA as postage would not be viable. It is of nice that I could help answer questions from others that are experiencing the same problems I encountered when I started making candles (certainly not as easy as I expected!) - and that's what I intend to do. I really do appreciate everyone who has liked my page via facebook and all of the nice comments about my candles so far. It means a lot! Anu Green http://www.anugreen.com

Hi Yes - The conversion is around $15.50 for the small tins and $40 for the glasses. They are a premium product and as you know retailers require such high margins in order to sell our products and they are priced accordingly. We use high % of essential oils and the prices in the UK have rocketed recently. Our competitors are selling candles for $63 for a glass - crazy I know!

Thank you for your nice comments though!

Anu Green

Why is it that the word "natural" always seems to bring out the skeptics? Is there really anything on this planet that's not natural? Paraffin is made from the decomposed bodies of large dino's in the form of oil. In much the same way a compost pile (which I bet would be called "natural"). Sure there are chemicals added to make the wax, but are they not all found or made from elements found in nature? Of course they are! But the word provides plenty of ammo for being "silly".

I think your candles are stunning. Clean looking, classy. I'm not going to comment on the whole "natural" issue, I really don't give a rats behind

on that, you make a classy looking candle, your photography rocks, your packaging box is awesome and if you can get the price you are asking...you go girl!

I wish you nothing but sucess!!!

Sorry if I'm a little skeptical. But you have posted 6 times and 3 of your posts have promotional links for your candle site. I have been a forum member for several years and on several forums and usually new people don't start promoting themselves from the get go. You have to understand we get a lot of scammers and self promoters here who post a link in their very first post so it always sets off my alert radar when I see it.

If you are really here to engage with others and share candlemaking information than I will eat my words and apologize profusely. But I have yet to see anything more than self promotion in your posts.

Just wanted to thank this forum which was an amazing help a year ago when I set up my new candle range! I hope I can help answer lots of questions as my journey was long and very interesting! I hope you could like my Facebook page if you like the end results! I make all candles myself and now have stockists in London! Natural scented candles

Thanks, Anu Green

Wow! Very beautiful candles! You just made me fall in love with the heavy-based Libby tumbler! I love your label, too.

Sorry if I'm a little skeptical. But you have posted 6 times and 3 of your posts have promotional links for your candle site. I have been a forum member for several years and on several forums and usually new people don't start promoting themselves from the get go. You have to understand we get a lot of scammers and self promoters here who post a link in their very first post so it always sets off my alert radar when I see it.

If you are really here to engage with others and share candlemaking information than I will eat my words and apologize profusely. But I have yet to see anything more than self promotion in your posts.

Yeah, but why would we want to order her uber-expensive candles and pay for shipping from the UK? lol

Yeah, but why would we want to order her uber-expensive candles and pay for shipping from the UK? lol

If the OP is interested in sharing information why is all the info they posted so far self promotional? That is what I am curious about and why I posted it.

If the OP is interested in sharing information why is all the info they posted so far self promotional? That is what I am curious about and why I posted it.

That's true, I just don't see how it could benefit the OP to promote their candles here, am I missing something?

Wow how controversial this post has become! I don't know much about the whole google thing but have been very happy with all of the nice comments about my candles. Of course I sell my candles and I dont think I am alone here?? I personally believe everyone is entitled to promote their products, its the only way we can all survive in this recession. Anyway I am hope I can help other candle makers. Anu

Thanks, Anu Green

Hi! What lovely candles and a gorgeous website! I have a question for you, what percentages of EO's do you use? I've made some candles with FO's but would like to make some with EO's.

Anu, I make one EO candle that is a blend and I have to go to 10 percent to get a good throw. Once it comes out and throws, its great, but getting there is kinda spendy so I can fully appreciate that the pricing has to be based on the candle and EO's involved rather than just a general flat fee for the size.