I saw a jar on here...

yay you found it! I am in the process of changing my jars too so I just so happened to see those the other day.

I had previously been selling candles in 16 oz apothecary and a whopping 32 oz straight side and they sold well 2 years ago. Last fall I hardly sold any so I am thinking with the economy that maybe I need offer smaller sizes for affordability. I am hoping that will earn more sales this fall.

There is a company called US Container and they have a location here in Phoenix. I got some jelly jars there a few years back for 25 cents each. Their website is awful but you can call them, let them know what you are looking for and they will send you samples. I don't know if they let you come in to look. Just google US Container.

I agree, I find I pay for the shipping but if i can find a cheap case price (in this case just over $5) I am good.

If I order 10 cases, 120 lids with shipping I am paying about 96 cents per jar.

I just WISH I could find a local wax and jar company but I am in Indiana and the ones here, I am not crazy about their wax. I am a bit nervous selling the smaller sizes since the jar price is about the same as the larger ones that I can sell for more BUT I am not selling the larger ones so I need to change something.

jluper, let me know if you find another company that might have better shipping and I will do that same!

There is a company called US Container and they have a location here in Phoenix. I got some jelly jars there a few years back for 25 cents each. Their website is awful but you can call them, let them know what you are looking for and they will send you samples. I don't know if they let you come in to look. Just google US Container.

You aren't kidding their website is awful!!

OUCH! The shipping is either the same or double the cost of the jars depending on the quantity ordered. Maybe I need to settle on a jar I can get closer to me here in AZ

I don't know how well the metal tins sell vs glass jars, but the shipping on tins is unbelievably cheap! Also, you can order cases of jars from Dollar Tree and pick them up at your local store for a $5.00 fee. They have Libby cubes, Libby heart dish, and a non-Libby status jar without a lid. You can order canning jars from True Value, Lowes, WalMart, and other hardware stores and pick them up at your local store with free shipping. Garden Ridge has Libby curved cubes on their shelves. Jars without lids can be wrapped in a cello bag, which I think you can get at Michael's arts and crafts supply.

I don't know how well the metal tins sell vs glass jars, but the shipping on tins is unbelievably cheap! Also, you can order cases of jars from Dollar Tree and pick them up at your local store for a $5.00 fee. They have Libby cubes, Libby heart dish, and a non-Libby status jar without a lid. You can order canning jars from True Value, Lowes, WalMart, and other hardware stores and pick them up at your local store with free shipping. Garden Ridge has Libby curved cubes on their shelves. Jars without lids can be wrapped in a cello bag, which I think you can get at Michael's arts and crafts supply.

Now that you mention that, I have seen the cubes at Dollar Tree. Can anyone tell me if they successfully SELL "non lidded" if that is a word LOL) candles? I always preferred to cover my candle back up so the fragrance doesn't escape when I'm not burning it but maybe I am just a weirdo and that doesn't really happen!

The straight sided or salsa jars are also available at SKS and now CS just got them. How many are you ordering? Fillmore has price breaks for large quantities as does SKS. You have to call and ask because they aren't listed on their websites. Also, Fillmore offers a break on shipping if you order a certain quantity. Again, you have to call and ask as you will not find the info on their website. Ask for Keith.

Edited by Candybee

No worries at all on the hijack! We are both in the same boat it seems. I am not in a position to order large quantities as I am just starting out and just picking out a jar to start testing. I picked up a case of the 9oz hex jars at peaks, but I'm not sure if I am liking them or not.

I got mine from Cincinnati Container. I picked up so there was no shipping. They have offices in Indianapolis and Columbus, OH. They don't publish prices but I remember they were very reasonable.

http://www.cincinnaticontainer.com/FAQ.aspx

This is where I always bought my jars. But they quit carrying the square mason. Now I just pick up at The CandleMakers Store. I do like those straight sided jars.

morethanrubies, here is the link for the DollarTreeDirect site. You can check out what they offer and whether they come with lids or not there. HTH

http://www.dollartree.com/floral-decor/Wholesale-Bulk-Candles-Holders-Votives/202c205c205/index.cat

Stella, I can't find out who makes the Dollar Tree status jar, but is it approved candle glass or what? How can I be sure?

I couldn't even find any glass jars

They have all kinds of glass jars for food, straight sided with threads...like olive jars, salsa jars...their website doesn't have much listed of any type of container they carry. They haven't seemed to have moved into this century yet. I've dealt with their reps who are very helpful and, as said, will send free samples.