Candlewic cbl129

SO happy someone else uses it!! I have just started playing with it but these are my findings.....Any zinc wicks I have tried have smoked pretty bad and the LX wicks have burned fairly well, pretty even, but I was not getting the HT I had expected. I only let it cure for 48 hours though. Do you let yours cure longer? Do you mind sharing what kind of wicks you use? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

For those of you who use cbl129 I have a couple of questions. Do any of you add crisco? I know some say this can help with scent throw. Also, how much fo are you adding? I just received some and started testing this wax for tarts. I used 2 oz of scent and it seems to be holding it ok. In general how much fo are you using? I just ordered some fo from bittercreek and can't wait to get them. I am having a hard time finding a blueberry I like.

I used to use this wax and loved it. Without going back and checking my notes I am pretty sure I used HTP wicks. The CBL140 is great for tarts and votives too. Why did I stop using it? LOL...I really can't remember but...I think it was right after Vickey at KY started a supply business. She and I used CBL129 and would compare notes. Then when she was a supplier I tried her KY125 but really wasn't sold on it. So then I started using Joy wax from NG until Vickey started selling parasoy blend called Perfect Blend. About 2 years ago I started having problems with it so I tried CBL130 from Candlewic and I love it. Now CW is carrying GB464 which I had tested before and loved it. Since it's cheaper than the 130 I am thinking about using it again when I have to order wax. Now back to your testing...I also tested CBL129 with zinc since that's all I was using in previous paraffin waxes. I didn't care for them in the 129. As far as curing...I was always impatient and would test burn the next day. Since the HTP burns hotter than zinc that could be your problen with the hot throw. I would try several other types of wicks till you find the right one that works for you. I am pretty sure if you ask Bill Binder at CW he would send you sample packs of different wicks to try. He did that for me with the LX wicks.

I never used Crisco and I am pretty sure I never used over 1 oz. per lb. If I remember...LOL...I will look back through my old notes tomorrow and give you more accurate info.

Good luck because it IS a great wax.

Edited by Maggie

Try "Only Fragrance's" blueberry if you ever order from there. I use IGI 4627 so don't know if it will work in yours but its good & strong.

For those of you who use cbl129 I have a couple of questions. Do any of you add crisco? I know some say this can help with scent throw. Also, how much fo are you adding? I just received some and started testing this wax for tarts. I used 2 oz of scent and it seems to be holding it ok. In general how much fo are you using? I just ordered some fo from bittercreek and can't wait to get them. I am having a hard time finding a blueberry I like.

With the CBL129, try HTP and CD. The ones that work best for me are the HTPs.

Let us know how they work out for you and good luck. CBL129 is a great throwing wax. Just don't throw it when it's in solid form; it's a hard wax and you could easily hurt someone! :laugh2: