Maybe it's just me..

prairieannie

But has anyone else noticed the HUGE amounts of B&B gift basket type stuff that Walmart, Kmart, Target, and similar stores are selling this year for Christmas!?? :eek: I noticed it first at Walmart, but had to go to Kmart today (which I hate doing, cause I can't stand our Kmart store) and they had even MORE than Walmart! CHEAP!! Some of their presentation is really great, I mean, the baskets and sets for the most part really look okay for the prices, and the prices are just sooooo LOW! How I wish I could make my B&B cheap enough to sell it at blow out prices like that!

I realize that most folks know by now that the stuff these places sell is much poorer quality than BBW, or OUR stuff lol, but I'm thinking a lot of hubbies will see these and think What a PERFECT plan~ I"m gonna get this for my wife, daughter, mother, etc. etc.... I just didn't notice it so much last year, so thought I'd state the obvious ;)

Yeah.. They've always been there, but now that we make it, I think we see things like that more often... Saw a beautiful basket at wal mart today... 18 bucks filled with leaky lotion. Maybe I'll wait til they are 75% off and snag them just for the baskets!

Yeah.. They've always been there, but now that we make it, I think we see things like that more often... Saw a beautiful basket at wal mart today... 18 bucks filled with leaky lotion. Maybe I'll wait til they are 75% off and snag them just for the baskets!

I was thinking that Bunny LMAo~ mostly because they have cool little risers in some of those baskets!

I see them every where! Target, Walmart, etc. Around here it seems that the most poular thing is the oil (or whatever it may be) in the clear glass containers with the flower petals or leaves (or whatever) in them. Really pretty bottles and still very cheap!

oh yeah! the walmart here is filled to the brim with those baskets too. they have some great ideas for fillers in the baskets...massagers, sponges, manicure and pedicure sets, lotions, candles and bubble bath and oils...makes me ill really. and yes, they are of much lower quality than what we would by hand...and not nearly as pretty and/or original. my boyfriend and i are going to make some gift baskets as soon as i can find a good deal on baskets somewhere online. I'm hoping we might be able to give walmart and other stores a run for their money on the prices...if not...oh well...

oh yeah! the walmart here is filled to the brim with those baskets too. they have some great ideas for fillers in the baskets...massagers, sponges, manicure and pedicure sets, lotions, candles and bubble bath and oils...makes me ill really. and yes, they are of much lower quality than what we would by hand...and not nearly as pretty and/or original. my boyfriend and i are going to make some gift baskets as soon as i can find a good deal on baskets somewhere online. I'm hoping we might be able to give walmart and other stores a run for their money on the prices...if not...oh well...

If you can give them a run for their money on prices, you ought to publish a book teaching us how LOL, There is just NO WAY I could do that...unless I ordered packaging, bottling, and supplies in unfathomable amounts like they do...and even then, to make the quality product that I *try* to make, I think it would be impossible. But it would be fun trying :)

I know it depends on the area and sales change from one city to the next but here I am afraid to say people are very cheap. For the most part they aren't willing to spend extra even if it is quality. I can't count the times I have heard "The stuff at Walmart, KMart... works just as good." I've heard people say that they aren't interested in "homemade" cosmetics when they can get products at Walmart. It's not just a matter of giving them a good product and explaining the quality. For some the bottom line is the price and I can't sell my products for Walmart prices and make a profit.