Candle making in the fall?

Hi all!

Is anyone else soooooo ready for this time to come? I can hardly stand the wait! The only bad part is the season that follows it, right? Are ya all already pourin, I've started a month ago and it makes me so happy! I had a friend stop over and was testing 2 new pumpkin scents out and she bout freaked out that my house smelled so yummy. I wish it smelled as good to me as it does to everyone that stops over!

Hugs

Michele

Yes me too! I am on the hunt for some really good Fall scents, so I'm testing quite a few pumpkin, cider, and autumn scents and I'm testing with a new wax. I love the Fall season too! So many great scents to pick from, I want to try them all!

I am working on doing a through cleaning and organizing in my workshop this weekend (hint, hint...watch the classies this week!) to get ready to start pouring for my fall shows. I am scaling WAY back on the # of shows I am doing due to time constraints (a full time AND part time job in addition to the candles) so I shouldn't need as much stock or I would have started already. I already stocked up on my B&B stuff in anticipation.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Sometimes I can't sleep at night thinking about different scents to try and mix with pumpkins. If anyone has some good ones they would like to share, that would be so sweet! I'm cleaning out my candle room too, so look out classes..200-300 oils is just plain hoarding, they should start a show on candle oil hoarding, I could start out the first show! LOL!!!!!

Hugs

Michele

This has been a really good summer season for me and I enjoy the coconut/fruit scents a lot. Fall has kind of turned into a lot of variations on apple/pumpkin or spicy type fragrances and has gotten kind of boring. I have standards and private blends but sure would like to have something different to jump start the season. The customers seem to be looking for botanicals all of a sudden, so maybe that's what I need to look for. Ideas?

Steve

This has been a really good summer season for me and I enjoy the coconut/fruit scents a lot. Fall has kind of turned into a lot of variations on apple/pumpkin or spicy type fragrances and has gotten kind of boring. I have standards and private blends but sure would like to have something different to jump start the season. The customers seem to be looking for botanicals all of a sudden, so maybe that's what I need to look for. Ideas?

Steve

I have a candle that I blend myself called Garden in the Fall. It's has tomato leaves, herbs, and some woody notes to it. It's a very herbal scent. I hope it does well this fall. :-)

Fall is about over with for me, will just be some made here and there for about another month yet. Christmas has been going on for about 2 months now pretty steady. Everyone has been wanting their christmas stuff early for some reason.